Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Re: 10-20 I\'m terrible V Stinger

if you get ther this way, i feel like you have to stick it in, but no, i'm not happy about it
Old 10-02-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would lead the flop. as played u should generally fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-02-2007, 02:57 PM

Preflop is fine. In fact I really don't like reraising as a standard here. If you're gonna cr the flop you should make it a bigger raise, more like 450-500 and be willing to stack off. Since you feel like the dynamic between you and stinger at this point is not such that you can stack off following the cr, you should probably lead out.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:43 PM

I guess I am not understanding why leading is best here? From all of the videos I have seen, youre begging to get [censored] with by leading here... I dont know if he ever really folds to a lead.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I am not understanding why leading is best here? From all of the videos I have seen, youre begging to get [censored] with by leading here... I dont know if he ever really folds to a lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

the idea is basically this:

If we lead and he raises, we are waay ahead of his range still. (bc he can/should raise donkbets with a wide range.)

vs.

If we c/r and he 3bets, he is showing much more strength than in the previous example. That said, i would still put it in with TT here, tho i wouldnt be ecstatic about it.

By leading, we let him raise air/draws/worse overpair bc you can never have TT here. Also, it loosens your leading range to include more "made" hands, thus making it harder to put you on a range in the future.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we don't want him to fold.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:49 PM

Ok, just making sure. it seemed like we wanted to lead and shut down to any aggression, or really not want to stick it in there.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If we lead and he raises, we are waay ahead of his range still. (bc he can/should raise donkbets with a wide range.)

vs.

If we c/r and he 3bets, he is showing much more strength than in the previous example. That said, i would still put it in with TT here, tho i wouldnt be ecstatic about it.

By leading, we let him raise air/draws/worse overpair bc you can never have TT here. Also, it loosens your leading range to include more "made" hands, thus making it harder to put you on a range in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

why can he "never" have TT here?
Old 10-04-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

vs.

[/ QUOTE ]

So we lead out (my initial plan too), do you then agree on sticking it in/when he raises since he is raising such a wide range here ?? Or do you think a call and seeing the turn is better, because there are a lot of scare cards possible and then you are still likely to c/f the turn if a scare card hits, right ??
Old 10-04-2007, 08:00 PM

let me rephrase what i said earlier. i would lead then call his raise, and reeval on the turn. i dont like playing /monkeymoneyinthemiddleontheflopifuhaveoverpair style like most ppl seem to.