Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: If yes to 3, how much?
N/A 35 94.59%
almost match her 0 0%
match her 1 2.70%
beat her 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2007, 10:04 AM

Default Re: Totally OT: Firefox bookmark that changes your 2+2 posting life

I'll add one, its a simple work around someone posted a while back but I think really handy. If someone posts an oversized image and breaks the thread, if you use the following javascript, it resizes it down. You can adjust the 800 in the first line depending on your screen resolution. Just add it (as one single line) as a bookmark, then use the bookmark in any threads with a big image.

javascript:maxwidth=800;pi=document.getElementsByT agName("img");
for(var%20i=0;i<=pi.length;i++){var%20aspectrat io=(pi.item(i).height/pi.item(i).width);
if(pi.item(i).width>maxwidth){pi.item(i).width= maxwidth;pi.item(i).height=aspectratio*maxwidth;}}
Old 08-09-2007, 10:34 AM

ty
Old 08-09-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll add one, its a simple work around someone posted a while back but I think really handy. If someone posts an oversized image and breaks the thread, if you use the following javascript, it resizes it down. You can adjust the 800 in the first line depending on your screen resolution. Just add it (as one single line) as a bookmark, then use the bookmark in any threads with a big image.

for(var%20i=0;i<=pi.length;i++){var%20aspectrat io=(pi.item(i).height/pi.item(i).width);
if(pi.item(i).width>maxwidth){pi.item(i).width= maxwidth;pi.item(i).height=aspectratio*maxwidth;}}

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-09-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I posted this shortly before sleeping and probably didn't step through it enough. Big disclaimer, I have never written any Java in my life, but found this script really handy when someone else posted it previously.

To add the bookmark to fix oversized images.

1) In firefox, click bookmarks->organise bookmarks.
2) In the bookmarks manager that opens, name it whatever you want, "resize" or something.
3) Then into the location field, copy and paste the 3 lines of code 1 at a time, such that you have one giant line.
4) Click ok, then use the bookmarks manager to put this bookmark wherever you want, and you're good to go.

The 800 in the first line means that any images > 800 pixels in width will be scaled down to 800. If you're running a higher resolution, like 1600*1200 or more, you may be able to get away with using a higher number here, play around with it however you want.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:24 PM

Btw, I love this site themaninblue.com ... great place to read about web design/programming stuff.