Old 10-16-2007, 07:36 PM

Default Re: TPNK 100NL played well till river

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
check turn > bet turn

call river

bet flop w/e your normal cb is

[/ QUOTE ]

wait you don't vary the size of your cbet based on flop texture?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes but our hand isnt super strong to a callers range of an UTG riaser
Old 10-16-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

bet turn>check turn

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. his range probably consists more of medium pairs/10s and Aces than flush draws...flush draws are pretty much the only hand we're getting value from if we bet the turn.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

bet turn>check turn

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. his range probably consists more of medium pairs/10s and Aces than flush draws...flush draws are pretty much the only hand we're getting value from if we bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, plus we give him a chance to bet a missed draw on the river, also our hand isnt AK or 2pair here. since im repping strength by raising UTG im thinking he has a modest hand himself by calling OOP, so i dont want to build up a big pot, esp when its likely im not ahead.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

bet turn>check turn

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, plus we give him a chance to bet a missed draw on the river, also our hand isnt AK or 2pair here. since im repping strength by raising UTG im thinking he has a modest hand himself by calling OOP, so i dont want to build up a big pot, esp when its likely im not ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but how is checking the turn and calling riv losing less when behind than b/f turn? I think an unknown 100nl-player is more likely to pay off on the turn with a draw than bluffing a busted one on the river. Also I think there's tons of pair+gs and FDs that will call the bet on the turn.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:09 PM

obvious call river.

you could also have checked behind flop/bet turn, though personally i prefer your line nowadays.

you can definitely bet the turn as well as played. depends on opp but often there is value in it.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

bet turn>check turn

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but how is checking the turn and calling riv losing less when behind than b/f turn? I think an unknown 100nl-player is more likely to pay off on the turn with a draw than bluffing a busted one on the river. Also I think there's tons of pair+gs and FDs that will call the bet on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah there are alot of hands that do call. so if every concievable draw misses and he leads river for 3/4 PSB im stuck in a tough spot. which is why i usually opt for pot control in these spots.

i think this could generate some good discussion about the turn.

ill post my river action after this gets some discussion if people feel its an interesting spot
Old 10-16-2007, 09:12 PM

easy call. you know that when you check behind the turn for pot control you are supposed to call a river bet.

you also know that you are repping someone who took a stab at the flop and then gave up. you can't induce a bet and then fold to it
Old 10-17-2007, 01:56 PM

ok looks like there is no more interest in the hand.

i called which by checking the turn i feel i have to do, but usually i go for pot control with a little bit of a stronger hand, making it an easier river call. here my hand is kind of weak and aside from a missed draw im not sure what hand actually bets the river that i beat.

he had KJss

anyone else have any more ideas about the turn???
Old 10-17-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah there are alot of hands that do call. so if every concievable draw misses and he leads river for 3/4 PSB im stuck in a tough spot.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have position, he's not donking the river often at all. If he does you fold. I think vs tricky player or at higher stakes checking behind is better to avoid the risk of being bluffed on either street. But the average 100nl-player is too straight forward and calling stationy for pot controlling to be best.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok looks like there is no more interest in the hand.

i called which by checking the turn i feel i have to do, but usually i go for pot control with a little bit of a stronger hand, making it an easier river call. here my hand is kind of weak and aside from a missed draw im not sure what hand actually bets the river that i beat.

he had KJss

anyone else have any more ideas about the turn???

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the turns a bet especially with the Q coming. All Jx hands picked up gut shots and FD's will call all day.