Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2006, 04:47 PM

Default Re: \"donkey\", \"drunkard\": how other world leaders see Bush

Saddam started the first Gulf War on his own accord. We went in and defended Kuwait. We lost American soldiers in that war!! Saddam signed a peace treaty. He didn't live up to the conditions of that treaty. How ridiculous would we be if we let him completely disregard the treaty that he signed? That would mean that every American soldiers life that was lost in the first Gulf War was in vein. We simply had to go back into Iraq, if for nothing else than to make sure our fallen brothers gave their lives for a reason. If you have something constructive to say, say it. Don't just give a silly little computer sigh in a lousy attempt to belittle what i said. Did we defend others? Yes. Are we defending ourselves. Yes. Plain and simple.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Saddam started the first Gulf War on his own accord. We went in and defended Kuwait. We lost American soldiers in that war!! Saddam signed a peace treaty. He didn't live up to the conditions of that treaty. How ridiculous would we be if we let him completely disregard the treaty that he signed? That would mean that every American soldiers life that was lost in the first Gulf War was in vein. We simply had to go back into Iraq, if for nothing else than to make sure our fallen brothers gave their lives for a reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so the REAL reason we're over there is to defend the sacrifice that 313 American servicemen made 15 years ago? You're right. I should stay out of this discussion because I somehow got the impression that we were over there for other reasons.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Saddam signed a peace treaty. He didn't live up to the conditions of that treaty. How ridiculous would we be if we let him completely disregard the treaty that he signed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've met people like you before. You don't think the US has ever violated a treaty? LoLasaurus.

I'd love to hear you articulate what it is we are defending ourselves from.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:14 PM

the real reason is its a war for oil, c'mon everyone knows that its the official only reason.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Spending and trade deficit - Bad
Quoting Hugo Chavez - Very Bad

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoting Chaves is worse than our spending and deficit?
Old 03-20-2006, 06:04 PM

Jesus. everytime i come back i have 5 people to respond to. Did the European Union just roll through town?

Roybert, I didn't stay out of the discussion at all. I just said say something constructive. If someone posts a hand history you're not gonna respond with "Yeah you would do that" or "Nice try rookie". I don't see how "<sigh>" brings anything to the table. I'm not saying that defending out fallen soldiers honor is the reason that we're there, but it would be a damn good one if it was.

Canis- I don't diagree with you at all. But we could have finished Saddam off the first time. He snaked out of it by signing the accord. Then he just wants to pretend like nothing happened? That shouldn't fly. But you know people like me..huh? Haha. Good. Very good.

Wes- If thats what you want to think.

Elwood- Quoting, no. But you got my point. Actually caring what Chavez has to say is silly.

I just find too many people who love to sit back and say "Bush is an idiot" with nothing else to say. Clinton ordered an attack on Iraq during his presidency also. He turned the jets back around minutes before they dropped the first bombs. So don't just say Bush is an idiot. Bush went to the UN first and made it plain and clear to both them and Iraq his intentions. Clinton almost did it as a sneak attack. And i understand that he didn't go through with it so don't come back and tell me "yeah, but he didn't". All i'm saying is that he was within a fingernail. Is he an idiot too?

All we can really do is look back in 10 or 20 years and see what this actually did for the climate of the world. I personally think it will be for the better and am happy to have Bush as our president.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:05 PM

Huge Chavez is hardly a typical world leader, but I do believe he's voicing what a lot of other world leaders wish they could. And fwiw, I think he's dead on.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Saddam signed a peace treaty. He didn't live up to the conditions of that treaty. How ridiculous would we be if we let him completely disregard the treaty that he signed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've met people like you before. You don't think the US has ever violated a treaty? LoLasaurus.

I'd love to hear you articulate what it is we are defending ourselves from.

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple. We're taking the fight to terrorists off US soil. Had we not taken an offensive, do you really think that we wouldn't have been attacked again? Days immediately following 9/11, didn't you honestly expect to get attacked again some other way? I know I did.

Now go ahead an swear that Iraq has no ties to Al-Queda and go on believing that there were no terrorists in Iraq until we went in to take out Sadam.

The fact is, the world will be a safer place with a democracy in Iraq and Afganistan. 50+ million people have been liberated thanks to the USA. Now I'd love to see you articulate what that is such a bad thing.