Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2006, 11:22 PM

Default Re: Who cleans up the blood?

i dunno if its the same guy, but on that show dirty jobs on the discovery channel they showed someone who did this for a living and said he was worth a lot. they showed them cleaning up a crime scene too
Old 03-19-2006, 11:24 PM

The girl. And next time she puts a towel down first.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:52 PM

I have a friend whose mother-in-law blew her brains out at the dining room table. The company did a good job on the blood, but not such a good idea on the bullet hole. It makes Christmas dinner a little bit creepy.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a friend whose mother-in-law blew her brains out at the dining room table. The company did a good job on the blood, but not such a good idea on the bullet hole. It makes Christmas dinner a little bit creepy.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is nasty.

So clearly if you own the property you clean it up or you hire someone to do it. Under certian conditions I'm sure you can get insurance to foot the bill also.

But what about public property? Who cleans up after a fight on the street or a car crash? The cops or the EMTs or a third party?

Something happened outside my business and my customers have to walk by it to get in. Nothing major just blood and bloody clothing. The cops and emts have been here and gone. I cleaned up what was on my land but people were complaining about the public land. So I did that also. But if I hadn't I don't think anyone ever would have. It would just kinda be washed away in the rain I guess.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:15 AM

3rd party. Cops and EMTs are not cleaners.

Please do not expect the rain to wash it away. I lived in a bad part of town when I first moved to Vegas and there was a stabbing. The worst part was that the landlord never cleaned it up. It was raining and he just expected it to wash away. It didn't. There were little blood dropplets all over the complex because the victim got stabbed and then he ran for help, bleeding all over. He survived, by the way. But I moved to a better neighborhood.

Call the public health dept. and tell them they need to clean up the public land and ask about your property too.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:27 AM

Thanks that seems like the best idea kinda sad I didn't think of it myself really.

Stuey gives present. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-20-2006, 12:28 AM

A few years ago in a different apartment, my next door neighbor put a Glock .30 in his mouth and pulled the trigger, right in front of his wife.

I heard the screams, and helped keep him breathing along with the apartment manager until the EMT and cops came in.

After everyone left, we all looked at each other and asked the same question. It was late in the evening on a Sunday, I don't know if a cleaning crew would have been available, but none of us thought of it.

Obviously we couldn't let his wife come back in to the place with the mass of blood and brains all over the place, so about 5 of the neighbors, we had become a pretty tight bunch, pitched in and started scrubing. I happened to have a wet/dry vac and therefore had the lovely task of sucking up load after load of blood and dumping it down the toilet.

It took us about 2 hours to get everything up so that you couldn't tell what had happened. In the meantime, the cops came back to get the spent shell casing they forgot. Fortunately I had picked it up so it wouldn't clog the vacuum.

Really weird thing, the first 5 minutes were just horrifying. After a while though, it was just like cleaning anything else, I got kinda numb and I think that everyone else did too.

We did a very thorough job. The wife couldn't bear to come back to the place for a day or two, but when she did she couldn't see any reminders of that night. I wondered at the time what the heck would have happened if we weren't there for her. I guess a company that does that kind of clean up has a built in market, there is no way she could have gotten into that stuff herself without losing her mind.

Shauna
Old 03-20-2006, 12:37 AM

If there was ever a reason to get a new table...

"I have a friend whose mother-in-law blew her brains out at the dining room table. The company did a good job on the blood, but not such a good idea on the bullet hole. It makes Christmas dinner a little bit creepy."

... is it.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:43 AM

Old 03-20-2006, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Stuey gives present. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Email it to me. I'm not going to link my avatar space to your photobucket account.
Sorry to be so paranoid, but it's my nature.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf, just rehost it yourself