Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Miniraising with AK ($109)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
uhmmm, not to tip my hand or anything but I've found a small raise to be extremely effective in getting people with better hands than mine to fold....so fold away. :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see you mini-reraise the majority of your stack away with anything other than KK or AA here. If you do, you're an idiot (or maybe a genius , but I'm going to lean towards idiot)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was referring to the poster that posted that, and I stand by my statement that he's an idiot for doing it with anything other than KK or AA.

As for OPs raise, if it really was him, nice play. But, this is only going to work against ppl like Bond first of all, and second Bond would never fold this if he knew it were you.

But regardless, nice play... Clearly Bond didn't know who you were [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2007, 08:36 PM

I don't see why you'd ever shove AK here when you could do this instead. It's basically a freeroll relative to shoving (assuming AQ folds to the shove, which it should).
Old 02-27-2007, 09:28 PM

To bad in the real hand i didn't listen to myself and jammed QQ and was OBV shown AA.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To bad in the real hand i didn't listen to myself and jammed QQ and was OBV shown AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I think we all assumed that from your original post.

Of course Cornell had to go and make this thread...
Old 02-28-2007, 01:45 PM

Cornell, I'm confused. You haven't said anything along the lines you think Bonds fold was bad. I know I'm not near your level but in a previous post a while back I really wanted to fold QQ in a similar situation where villain was representing AA/KK. In that post you said folding QQ online is bad, period. If you're directing that advice at a relatively inexperienced player such as myself then I understand but you seemed to mean it more generally. Not trying to catch you out or anything, just confused.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why you'd ever shove AK here when you could do this instead. It's basically a freeroll relative to shoving (assuming AQ folds to the shove, which it should).

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line of thinking because of the extra fold equity we earn by min-raising.

The question I have is based on our stack size, do we want a fold?

I guess we have a little time before 200/400 hits because of the 100/200 +25 level, but is having them fold more +EV vs. shoving and being in a race? We're definitely not desparate yet, but even if we pick up this 900 pot we're only at 3,700. Obviously a workable stack, but back to shove mode if we don't pick up any good opportunities before 200/400 hits.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:56 PM

just read the other current QQ post you (Cornell) replied in which answers my question.