Bet and call raise 5 33.33%
Bet and reraise raise 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: The official NETELLER thread

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.associatedcontent.com/art..._neteller.html

In the USA Today, FBI agent Neil Donovan told the USA Today that "funds from Neteller are being held in court as potential evidence. Some customers may get their money back."

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people may get their money back? That is not comforting at all.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:07 PM

that's my guess too.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In the USA Today, FBI agent Neil Donovan told the USA Today that "funds from Neteller are being held in court as potential evidence. Some customers may get their money back."

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh could we pleeeeeeease stop refering to that lame article. As has been mentioned numerous times before, how would this have occured and NO news of it have leaked out? The USA Today article appears to be a mish-mash of info from the BetOnSports and Neteller cases. If funds had been seized, this would be HUGE news. The article you have quoted takes the USA Today piece and combines it with an Online Wire piece, where the same FBI agent says "What's in there [USA Today article] is in there, but I really cannot comment further.", and they cite "wire reports" claiming the FBI has seized funds. What wire reports? Why has no one else picked up these wire reports?

The same inaccurate information is being quoted and requoted in different articles, and the story gets farther and farther from any kind of properly confirmed truth.

If you are going to refer to a news article, there was a much better one in the Washington Post refered to in this thread:

Washington Post

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't a retraction be demanded if the article was wrong in a fundemental point, ie DOJ seized money? Wouldn't one of the parties concerned demand it?
Old 02-04-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh could we pleeeeeeease stop refering to that lame article. As has been mentioned numerous times before, how would this have occured and NO news of it have leaked out? The USA Today article appears to be a mish-mash of info from the BetOnSports and Neteller cases. If funds had been seized, this would be HUGE news. The article you have quoted takes the USA Today piece and combines it with an Online Wire piece, where the same FBI agent says "What's in there [USA Today article] is in there, but I really cannot comment further.", and they cite "wire reports" claiming the FBI has seized funds. What wire reports? Why has no one else picked up these wire reports?

The same inaccurate information is being quoted and requoted in different articles, and the story gets farther and farther from any kind of properly confirmed truth.

If you are going to refer to a news article, there was a much better one in the Washington Post refered to in this thread:

Washington Post

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't a retraction be demanded if the article was wrong in a fundemental point, ie DOJ seized money? Wouldn't one of the parties concerned demand it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not wrong, except maybe grammatically, so people are misreading it. The only seizure of funds was betonsports funds withdrawn to neteller by US players, NOT ALL FUNDS WITHDRAWN TO NETELLER BY US PLAYERS.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:37 PM

you are right jman220, I stand corrected.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Washington Post

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not wrong, except maybe grammatically, so people are misreading it. The only seizure of funds was betonsports funds withdrawn to neteller by US players, NOT ALL FUNDS WITHDRAWN TO NETELLER BY US PLAYERS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, this is the most likely scenario that fits what was said. Of course, the article gets requoted in other articles, and the BetOnSports portion becomes a smaller and smaller part of the story. Before you know it, it just becomes "ZOMG the DOJ has seized ALL Amercian's Neteller funds that's why we can't cash out".

I won't attempt to guess at when or if everyone's money is coming back, but the USA Today story (and subsequent spinoffs) provides NOTHING in the way of news to anyone who reads these boards.

As to a retraction, I'm not sure that anybody would want one. I'm sure the DOJ/FBI are more than happy having American gamblers freaked out about their funds. Neteller is likely happy that there is an explanation that doesn't fall on them.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:04 PM

I am glad I posted this article and got intelligent replies. Hopefully others will get the correct info and feel better informed.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My estimation is 1-1.5 years, I was just curious to see what others think (I tend to be somewhat cynical).

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is 6-12 MORE weeks. And I'm saying there's a 80% chance U.S. players get their money back.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

My estimation is 1-1.5 years, I was just curious to see what others think (I tend to be somewhat cynical).

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is 6-12 MORE weeks. And I'm saying there's a 80% chance U.S. players get their money back.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll take $100 (or less, or more) of 4:1 at 12 weeks if you're interested in the prop
Old 02-04-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Sell your NT Debt

The acid test: What would you sell your Neteller debt for today, cash?

I'm thinking it's worth about 50 cents/$. Obviously, I was way out in front of this and have nothing at risk here, but if I did, 50% sounds fair.
Closed Thread