Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: 400: A Weird QQ Hand

I am going to pick on you because I think you're a nice guy and will handle it just fine... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I have no specific read on either opponenet; however, I did have some stats over a few hundred hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I see these comments I say to myself, "Self, I sure hope he is playing at Full Tilt so maybe these stats came from a datamine."

Boooooooooooo

Ok, now to be serious. I think I like it. You could take a stab on the flop if you think you can get these guys to fold but I think it can go either way. The turn is ok as you might be behind to a flush, but you are unlikely to get much action from worse hands, so keep the pot small. That turn bet was probably either a pair of J's or a middle PP. On the river you might get called by a pair of J's or some other MP type hands, but the board is pretty dangerous. You really shouldn't expect a check-raise but I don't know if you are going to be ahead enough when you are called since you will mostly get called by something straight that is afraid of the flush.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am going to pick on you because I think you're a nice guy and will handle it just fine... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I have no specific read on either opponenet; however, I did have some stats over a few hundred hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I see these comments I say to myself, "Self, I sure hope he is playing at Full Tilt so maybe these stats came from a datamine."

Boooooooooooo

Ok, now to be serious. I think I like it. You could take a stab on the flop if you think you can get these guys to fold but I think it can go either way. The turn is ok as you might be behind to a flush, but you are unlikely to get much action from worse hands, so keep the pot small. That turn bet was probably either a pair of J's or a middle PP. On the river you might get called by a pair of J's or some other MP type hands, but the board is pretty dangerous. You really shouldn't expect a check-raise but I don't know if you are going to be ahead enough when you are called since you will mostly get called by something straight that is afraid of the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point Threads. So you know, the stats came from a period of ssing that I did. I still ss now and then to get a shot of fpps when I need them. I'm paying no attention while playing that, and that's how I get stats at times with no real reads.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:26 PM

I would weak bet the river. like 40-50
Old 08-27-2007, 11:48 PM

The only difference I would make is a possible cbt on the flop. Other than that, I like the call and check on the river. If you get reraised on the turn you have to fold. While a J may call a river bet, more likely not.