Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2006, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Tiffany Williamson at it again in PCA

You can't argue that Raymer got lucky with this hand.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:40 PM

7 min? Think how much time that is wasting in blinds for all the other players at the table. Even I wasn't in the hand I would have called for a clock after 2 min. I wish we could see the thought process that goes through her donk mind. 7 freaking min.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can't argue that Raymer got lucky with this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]No sh*t he got lucky, but to think he is luckier than Matusow is ridiculous. TV wants to show Matusow blowing up so they show when he gets sucked out on.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:02 PM

I can only conclude that Tiffany Williamson lacks a reasonable logical thought process....the type of thing that comes easy to people like engineers, programmers, and even some attorneys. She is the type who has relied on values, morals, learned experiences to make decisions in her personal and professional life and it carrys over to poker. Unfortunately, her poker experience is limited. Where as most of us will make a reasonably quick decision based on the limited information we have(ie decide that we have incomplete information and only an educated guess can be made), Tiffany ponders upon her incomplete information upset that she cannot have more complete information, and unable to make a guess based on that limited information.

I actually work in a psuedo legal environment and know of a public official who has the same problem. He sometimes cannot properly process the limited information given to him by attorneys on each side. I will not disclose how he comes to a final decision, but I can tell you that were this information to become public, the population at large would be quite appalled.

I'm not saying she lacks intelligence, but I'm certain that a number of you will interpret my statements that way.
Old 01-06-2006, 10:11 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

That's a biiiiiig assumption to make about a person you've never met, I think.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:09 PM

My personal experience with people who have a tough time making a decision in what most others believe to be a "reasonable" lenght of time, is their lack of confidence in themselves or lack of knowledge. People with experience, knowledge and confidence, based on past successes, don't waste a lot of time when the clock is ticking. They decide and move on to the next thing.

A poker decision is based on just so much info. You don't go to a library and do extensive research. Either you know the answer or you don't. You're capable of deciding or not.

She's a lawyer. I don't know if her practice is in an area that puts her in many courtrooms. If it does, I can't believe she doesn't regularly make instant decisions. Objections are raised, immediately, based on knowledge. Not research or long periods of pondering.

Now, if she's got other problems, that's something else. If she continues to bring all this bad attention to her playing ability she's setting herself up for more problems.

If she wants to become known as a Drama Queen for publicity's sake and future earnings she's doing just fine.

<ul type="square"> [q] As for TW, she should get a swift kick to the nuts.[/q][/list]How would a person go about doing this? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

(I can't believe nobody did this before now)
Old 01-07-2006, 01:42 AM

I am more appalled with a set of rules and ineffective tournament officials who continue to let her get away with stunts like this.

It's not like she just took 7 minutes on this one decision.
I think we can safely assume that she's doing it over and over again just like the WSOP.

She should NOT be allowed to take as long as she is.
Tourney officials need to step in and do something about it.
I blame those who should have the common-sense to prevent these stalling tactics who aren't doing anything about it.
Old 01-07-2006, 01:48 AM

According to cardplayer it was 10 high Rainbow- lets be honest, Tiffany is a Grade-A DONK. Shes terrible. Supposedly Raymer was upset because he felt that Tiffany shouldve called it immediately, and quite frankly, I would be too.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
According to cardplayer it was 10 high Rainbow- lets be honest, Tiffany is a Grade-A DONK. Shes terrible. Supposedly Raymer was upset because he felt that Tiffany shouldve called it immediately, and quite frankly, I would be too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think surprised rather than upset might be the right choice of words
Old 01-07-2006, 02:18 AM

after sitting there for 7 minutes I would be both.

I would possibly consider getting up and going to the bathroom or just walking away from the table (like the one guy did against Scotty Nguyn at the WSOP). I would not sit there and indulge her. My chips are already in and I don't feel like getting in a staring contest...and I don't feel like taking the risk of letting her tilt me even just a little.

It was upsetting to Raymer...it clearly was kind of upsetting to Sheikan. I'm sure other players got equally frustrated and it possibly upset their play after such stupid antics.