Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 09:26 PM

Default Re: deep w/ NFD and he\'s repping top set

[ QUOTE ]
He probly has 5678

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know if you're kidding, but i definitely think that's a possibility. i don't think a 300+ bb stack is going to LRR aces while the other big stack is the raiser and has position on him all that often. maybe he would do that with double-suited AAJJ or something, but if his aces were THAT strong he would probably just raise them in the first place. plus there are only 2 aces left, so this is a parlay-type situation: compare the chances that he has the remaining 2 aces, and he didn't raise them first in, and he decided to LRR despite having a giant stack on his left, to the chances that he decided to play something else trickily and now thinks he can rep top set.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
preflop raise is marginal at best but calling the LRR is is really bad. You have cards barely worth raising in CO and you have even worse position.

Once you get to the flop there is no way im folding. Its pretty hard for him to hold three aces so unless i had a really good read on villain i cant find a fold on this flop.
Call flop and call/push any turn.
Thats how i would play it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like call flop/call turn as well. often this guy will hang himself when a blank comes or the board pairs and you'll win unimproved.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

preflop raise is marginal at best but calling the LRR is is really bad. You have cards barely worth raising OTB and you have even worse position.

Once you get to the flop there is no way im folding. Its pretty hard for him to hold three aces so unless i had a really good read on villain i cant find a fold on this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know. aside of of the nfd hero has nothing going on for his hand. 4-way in a re-raised pot. i find a fold here.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

preflop raise is marginal at best but calling the LRR is is really bad. You have cards barely worth raising OTB and you have even worse position.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know. aside of of the nfd hero has nothing going on for his hand. 4-way in a re-raised pot. i find a fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling/ or maybe pushing the flop is the right play an its not close. AK might be good here vs the the LRR, and if it isnt we have outs and if we can get one more player involved in the pot we are even money if the money goes in on the flop.

Dream scenario is if LRR is bluffing with a rundown hand like 6789 and decides to bluffpush a blank turn while our flop overcall bluffs out someone with a two pair or low set figuring one of us holds AAA.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:46 PM

I would say about 80% of players have what they are representing in cases like this. So barring any previous reads to the contrary I fold.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:53 PM

If you are going to be calling the re-raise preflop, I would hope that your logic is that he doesn't have aces, or else your hand really shrivels up. I mean, I feel like that is your dream flop. I wouldn't be surprised to see him flip up a KhKxQhJx type of hand here. I really think I would have pushed the flop here. If not that, at least a call to see if the board pairs and how he plays it or pick up a straight draw with the flush, 2 pair the turn, etc. I really think that a fold is not correct here.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He probly has 5678

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know if you're kidding, but i definitely think that's a possibility. i don't think a 300+ bb stack is going to LRR aces while the other big stack is the raiser and has position on him all that often.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:19 AM

you have to ask why call preflop if you are going to fold TPNFD for 1 bet?
Old 09-15-2007, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
preflop raise is marginal at best but calling the LRR is is really bad. You have cards barely worth raising in CO and you have even worse position.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like call flop/call turn as well. often this guy will hang himself when a blank comes or the board pairs and you'll win unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an interesting line. I have not played as much omaha as you, so I am biased in that I pretty much have always seen aces here.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would say about 80% of players have what they are representing in cases like this. So barring any previous reads to the contrary I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should do the math.