Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: First Post Here Ever - Call this all-in?

you have to call here.

your opponent could have 10-7, sure, but he'd also have to hold a decent low draw as well for you to be in bad shape, and even if he does, he has no counterfeit protection, which you do.

in fact, a hand like 7-8-9-10 is what you would prefer him to have, as oppposed to a hand like A-2-5-7 with a flush draw, where he's free rolling you. Obviously it would be nice if he was slowplaying something like KKQQ, but I digress.

I didn't bother to assign a range of hands, because it's an easy call when you will often have between 12 and 20 outs to a low hand, and the action indicates he has a hand like 10-7, which is usually accompanied by similar/high cards, and you're getting slightly better than 2:1 to call iirc, and all of this being said- sometimes you're ahead both ways, i.e., sometimes he's slowplaying a set, or he's making a move with the nut flush draw, etc.

it's a call.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:19 AM

Default Re: First Post Here Ever - Call this all-in?

I agree with tex. This is a set of kings more than you think. Its also the nut flush draw and something else. I would call here and hope it works out.