Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2006, 01:13 AM

Default Re: CRYING CALL FOR HELP

[ QUOTE ]
Every session I sit and find 4 decent games

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not limit yourself to two tables at a time. You need good reads much more in 6 max than in full ring. Your stats look like you're playing a very tight autopilot type game that is good for multitabling low limit full ring where the money just rolls in from bad players, but is not really right for taking advantage of 6 max situations.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:28 AM

Default Re: CRYING CALL FOR HELP

[ QUOTE ]
Why dont you take a vacation and then come back and reevaluate your playing? I know that when I go on long stretches of what I consider breaking even or downswings, a good week vacation or even not playing at all helps me and especially when I come back and look at how I am playing.

I kind of get the feeling that you are compounding your feelings about being on a downswing/breaking even if you are still playing this through. There have been worse, but I really do think you can do with a break. In your case maybe even a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree

hey man i thought my swings were bad, i'm a relatively new player (2 serious months of play) and i'm down 600 Big Bets playing .5/1 limit (yikes, I KNOW!!)

since i've lost alot more than you, i think i can speak on this a bit:

Poker is not a game fully based on skill, it is NEVER 100% skill, so when you are losing, it is always partially due to luck,

However, is it always bad beats?!?!? I believe Jennifer Harman, (i hope you konw who she is...) posted on one of the tips from fulltilt.net that when she's in a loosing streak (how can jennifer harman be losing in Limit holdem??!?!) she always takes a step back and look at the game, even ask her friends about certain hands,

i believe in addition to taking a break, which is crucial to the game at times, you should use your friends on Two + Two to help you look at your hands... 60k losing streak is huge!! but you can either lose all that time and effort and learn nothing and quit this great game forever, or you can simply pay that time and money to learn something....

i personally would chose the second choice, money you lost has been lost, all you can do is look on the future, i believe you should take a break and take another look at your game, i know i am just a small timer now, but i firmly believe this should be the route to take

I am looking forward to your posts in the future [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

gl hf