Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Beat: My cat is dying

ohhhhhhhh daliman.....take some time...and then take the kids and pick out a new kitten. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2007, 11:21 PM

Oh man I feel for you a lot. I have two cats myself and the thought of them leaving depresses me.

Cats live forever, right? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2007, 11:24 PM

i found my cat in a mangled state 3 days ago when i went out for a smoke at around midnight. it didnt seem to have been hit my a car or been attacked or anything but it was all contorted up and stiff lying on its side with its mouth open and its eyes really widely open. it was breathing really heavily and prefusely.

i went inside to get my girlfriend and my sister and her boyfriend. when they came out my sister suggested i try to move it. i obliged but when i attempted to roll it over slightly the cat wailed, like really screamed, ive never heard a cat make a noise like that before. it then proceded to cough and puke up a bloody mess with bits of flesh/organs in it.

i coudnt stand to see it suffer when there was obviously no hope for it and since there were no vets open at midnight-1am i had to put it out of its misery. i did this by using a cricket bat to hit it on the head with. after the first blow it started to twitch but it was obviously dead. i struck it two more times and the twitching stopped.

i picked the cat up and it had gone to being rigidly stiff to lifelessy limp. the semi barbaric act i had just commited really struck me hard. i know i ended the cats misery when it had obviously no chance of survival but i had still killed a pet i had really grown attached to and it saddened me immensly.

i buried it then in a field next to my house and went inside to shower and mourn. i had one of those rare AHA moments when drying off my girlfriend saw how upset i was and said "well, now you really get what being cruel to be kind is".

thought id share

edit: we think the cat swallowed poison as my neighbour told me in the shop he had a rat in his workhouse and had put down meat with rat posion on around his garden.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:26 PM

like hell can you expect me to read that many words
Old 09-28-2007, 11:34 PM

I feel for you .. We just had a 10 year old cat pass. It is amazing how much love you can have for a cat ... I still have a blister on my hand from digging the grave ...

We just bought a new kitten Monday . He is making the house very cheerful...
Old 09-28-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i found my cat in a mangled state 3 days ago when i went out for a smoke at around midnight. it didnt seem to have been hit my a car or been attacked or anything but it was all contorted up and stiff lying on its side with its mouth open and its eyes really widely open. it was breathing really heavily and prefusely.

i went inside to get my girlfriend and my sister and her boyfriend. when they came out my sister suggested i try to move it. i obliged but when i attempted to roll it over slightly the cat wailed, like really screamed, ive never heard a cat make a noise like that before. it then proceded to cough and puke up a bloody mess with bits of flesh/organs in it.

i coudnt stand to see it suffer when there was obviously no hope for it and since there were no vets open at midnight-1am i had to put it out of its misery. i did this by using a cricket bat to hit it on the head with. after the first blow it started to twitch but it was obviously dead. i struck it two more times and the twitching stopped.

i picked the cat up and it had gone to being rigidly stiff to lifelessy limp. the semi barbaric act i had just commited really struck me hard. i know i ended the cats misery when it had obviously no chance of survival but i had still killed a pet i had really grown attached to and it saddened me immensly.

i buried it then in a field next to my house and went inside to shower and mourn. i had one of those rare AHA moments when drying off my girlfriend saw how upset i was and said "well, now you really get what being cruel to be kind is".

thought id share

edit: we think the cat swallowed poison as my neighbour told me in the shop he had a rat in his workhouse and had put down meat with rat posion on around his garden.

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus christ
Old 09-28-2007, 11:41 PM

wtf
Old 09-28-2007, 11:45 PM

Smart neighbour.... if he knew your cat was outside.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Smart neighbour.... if he knew your cat was outside.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2007, 12:30 AM

When I read the title, I was like meh but now I am really touched. Sorry dude, that's pretty sad.