Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 02:43 PM

Default Re: I do this a lot

[ QUOTE ]
or maybe folding sometimes will make a bluff more likely, so when I call there is a greater chance of snapping one off

[/ QUOTE ]

I use specific ranges of o'clocks to c/c my A-high hands, depending on how likely I think villain is to bluff the river. I call somewhere between 10% and 100% depending on villain, and use my computer clock to decide whether to call.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
or maybe folding sometimes will make a bluff more likely, so when I call there is a greater chance of snapping one off

[/ QUOTE ]

I use specific ranges of o'clocks to c/c my A-high hands, depending on how likely I think villain is to bluff the river. I call somewhere between 10% and 100% depending on villain, and use my computer clock to decide whether to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

my game theory isn't great but I believe this is wrong. you should be calling 0%, 100%, or 1/pot. i don't understand what would make you say "against this guy I'll call 50% of the time because he bluffs a lot".
Old 07-16-2007, 03:07 PM

Against an unknown I fold this river. Actually, I probably check the turn too.

But if, later on, we have a read that the player is super aggro, I'm more inclined to call the river. Against a passive player it's an easy fold.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

kinda off topic but when I was trying out NL I used the RNG in my calculator to mix up my preflop game as reccomended by sklansky in nlhe:tap.

I would squeeze some % of the time, 3bet premium and speculative hands different %s of the time, and raise different amounts preflop with different hands some % of the time.

the hope was that eventually I would get a good feel for the %s and not need the RNG anymore, but I didn't play enough hands for it to sink in