Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Re: 88 vs 2 maniacs, turn/river decisions

*grunch*

Based on your reads.....

I don't understand the bet out on the flop, your just asking for it to be raised and possibly 3bet putting you in an awful spot for the rest of the hand with what is potentially the best hand. This is a play to be made if you WANT it to be 3bet/caped on the flop action. Just check it out and reevaluate from there.

Basically your job here is to get to a showdown as cheaply as possible cause your not folding w/ 3 undercards hitting. I would Maybe find a fold if an A hit and the action is still 3 ways but probably not.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:18 PM

I would bet out on this flop. Our holding is vulnerable to any overcards and the chance of MP raising and facing CO with 2 bets cold is good. A c/r does the opposite, it doesn't protect your hand but rather ties both players to the pot. Being in a pot with 2 lags and a semi-strong hand is a nightmare. I'm doing everything in my power to get things hu on the flop.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:33 PM

OP, I think you played this hand perfectly and if you got beat by this player type its a cooler but you have to show this down.

Re: Flop play, you get an excellent flop for your hand. You c/r both of these guys for pure value. Donking is a good play as well, if MP will continue to rep an overpair whether he has one or not. Unsure if that is the case with this player, so I take the standard route and c/r the field.

Turn play: you must bet. At the start of the action, you are still 3 ways. After you get raised, you are HU and can safely call down any river card. I would never fold against the player you described. If I had a read that he spewiness is limited to preflop play, I would consider folding, but still probably call down.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:12 PM

pre-flop is fine

flop you are OOP and you really can't protect your hand so I would just check call and wait for the turn to raise for value.

The way you played the turn I would call down after the raise.

On the turn I would have check-raised (if CO folds) if he bets EVERY turn. Then call down a 3-bet since the pot is so big.