Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 06:30 AM

Default Re: Fun Slowplaying

just go nuts now, as these guys look like they want to put in lots of action.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just go nuts now, as these guys look like they want to put in lots of action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. If you just 4bet flop and go crazy on turn I think you will get the same action out of his K8/KT/33/whatever without the possibility of something coming on the river to frighten him. In spots like these I try to be as optimistic as possible that someone has something they want to burn up a ton of money with. Think about how great it would be if hijack had KT or KcXc and the sb had something he wanted to go crazy with as well on the turn. Obviously this is an absolute best case scenario but from the flop action we know sb really likes his hand and the hijack doesn't hate his so I just try to fill the pot with as much money as possible while I still have the virtual nuts. Even just calling on this flop and raising this turn might scare them into thinking you 2 outted them with TT. Better to just raise and hope for the best starting with the flop imo.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:48 AM

My first reaction was that I'm undecided about the flop, but I think you have to raise the turn. My second reaction is that with our reads of the previous action, the ten of clubs isn't that different from the two of clubs, and there aren't many draws we care about that we're going to fold.

But I still raise the turn out of general principle and it probably gets more bets in.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:49 PM

nh
Old 09-26-2007, 09:24 PM

results on the slowplay hands?
Old 09-26-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, I hate slowplaying sets. I hate it. But this seemed like as good a time as any.

Bellagio 30-60. Hijack is loosey goosey before the flop and very straightforward and capable of folding after the flop. BB I don't know very well, but seems like the passive type.

Preflop:
The Dude opens 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in EMP. Hijack calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6.67 SBs) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 Players)</font>
SB checks, The Dude bets, Hijack raises, SB check-3bets. The Dude ponders for a moment and calls. Hijack calls.

Turn: (7.8 BBs) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB bets, The Dude calls, Hijack calls.

River: (10.8 BBs) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB bets, The Dude raises, Hijack folds. SB tanks, says "Do you have 97? A set of aces?" then ends up raising after about 20 seconds. The Dude 4-bets.

Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like it. In this case you might be getting 2 bets more from EP than you would have gotten by raising him on the turn. But suppose he would have called a turn raise and then either lead or check raised you on the river? Then you didn't make any extra. And, if you had raised the turn you may have gotten another bet out of the hijack, who still liked his hand on the turn.

I DO like the slow play on the flop to keep the third player in. I don't like it on the turn here.