Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: I call.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop. Bet river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could have sworn I already replied to this thread saying these exact words. Apparently I didn't, so

Raise preflop. Bet river. I don't think I really need to give an explanation, doing something other than this could merit an explanation though. I haven't read the replies after this one I quoted but I'd be pretty surprised if someone wants to do something different.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think betting river is a big mistake. Given read on villain, TP no good. The river check might as well be a c/c button online, cause sb sounds like the type that hates getting raised by 78 or whatever phantoms he sees in his dreams cracking his Aces.

But yeah, raise pf is better than limping, unless you see something like chips in the button's hand or something. Limping isn't as terrible as everyone might make it out to be at a passive table. Still profitable to limp w/ JTs in that spot.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:23 PM

Default Re: I call.

I think you "bet river" guys are ignoring OP's read. Given his description, and the fact that the 3bet came from the blind, it looks a lot like an scared overpair that doesn't want to get raised, but still isn't folding.