Old 07-16-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Yet Another $10NL Video

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I made another video

[/ QUOTE ]

lol - We're all Micheal Moore now...

[ QUOTE ]

I tried to watch the video, but it made me realize that I could never stack tables, so I only made it like 15mins in

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I find it sooo much easier than shifting my attention all over the monitor.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I promised my friend 2videos nl25/50 since he provided the microphone for the first one, I liked doing the first one, the second one was fun as well

I just like being able to watch all the action so I just 9table full sized on 2 20" monitors
Old 07-16-2007, 11:03 AM

CMAR,

The video was excellent! Thank you so much for doing it...
Old 07-16-2007, 11:14 AM

blah, I get the audio, but can't see anything.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
blah, I get the audio, but can't see anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you using to play it? Not sure if you saw this thread but maybe you could try downloading the links that are in here:

Linky

Hopefully you'll get the right player and codec and all that stuff and be able to see while you listen. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2007, 11:21 AM

Everyone do yourself a favour and get VLC media player.

No problems, ever.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone do yourself a favour and get VLC media player.

No problems, ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

have that and same problem. gray screen with audio.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:45 AM

You seem to play pretty abc, a lot of twoplus two standard strat. You play it pretty well.

I did not like your river value bet with 5T off, I saw no value to that, maybe with AT or KT.

You make a lot of raises that I don’t but they are all with hands that certainly can raise.

I found your post flop play interesting, I think you made some bets I wouldn’t have and some checks where I would have bet so it was interesting to see another winning player who has completely different perspective than me.

I also notice that you limp some hands on the button like offsuit connectors which I think should be a raise rather than a call if you want to play them.

I didn’t watch the whole video in detail but what I can say is that the play was pretty solid here for anyone who is a newb and wants to see how it all fits together.

Im gonna watch cmars vid sometime this week.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:31 PM

Wow, I guess we should include codec information with every video post, regardless.

This video uses "Microsoft Video 1" which is a very old, very simple codec.

It should be standard with all flavors of Windows.

If you have Windows, it should be standard. If you're having problems in Windows, this page might help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/141801

If you're running Linux or a Mac you're looking for a player that will support "Microsoft Video 1".

I tried re-encoding to DIVX, but both Virtual Dub and AutoGordianKnot gave the same error (source image format is not acceptable). No help on the web.

If the codec is proprietary to Windows and nobody can view it on Linux/Mac let me know and I'll re-encode and re-host it in something more universal like Indeo.

Or, if someone can actually re-encode the thing to DIVX it'd be much appreciated!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You seem to play pretty abc, a lot of twoplus two standard strat. You play it pretty well.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's $10NL... No room for FPS... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

I also notice that you limp some hands on the button like offsuit connectors which I think should be a raise rather than a call if you want to play them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're probably right. I don't like off suit connectors much at all, and I'd probably not play them altogether if it didn't feel super weak not doing so. In a way, I think I'm really just playing them for Shania, to boost my PF numbers...

The thing about limping the button vs raising the button is I find it's often a lot easier to steal limped pots with trash than raised ones. In raised pots a lot of players want to Tango. And particularly when you're at a table with a bunch of stations like $10NL. They seem more willing to believe you flopped TP on an 842 flop in a limped pot than if you raised PF and they'll fold their 33.

[ QUOTE ]

Im gonna watch cmars vid sometime this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh, I assumed this post was about my vid? Or d'you mean you'll watch it in more detail, later?

You should do a vid, man!

What would be really, really cool would be if we could somehow do like Duplicate Bridge where a bunch of us would do videos where we all play the same hands and compare how we'd play them. Too bad I can't see any way to do that since we'd have to have the same opponents.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:51 PM

I'd never fold the aces in that spot. There is too many draw's there for someone to be min-raising with a made hand i think.

The AJ suckout - tough decision. The min-raise could of easily been a FD and when he didnt 3bet pre-flop its hard to see him having a highr Ace.

AKo when you raiseed, then got a re-raise and a flat call. I dont think i would check-raise with 3 seeing the flop. HU's i would, but when you having the original 3 bet still to act i'd kinda wary that he plans on checking-raising. I'd either 4bet pre, or donk the flop.

Video worked fine for me on realplayers. If you start it on windows media player and no video comes on clicking on the red X should take you too a site that tells you what need to DL for it too work.

Nice video CMAR, liked the BW at the end aswell. I am sure the PM's were flying in from the ladies of FRNL after they saw that!