Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 03:47 AM

Default Re: 100 NL how is this line?

[ QUOTE ]
lol dont 3bet KQo to 15/11...

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i wouldn't against this player which was one of the reasons i didn't ... but it seemed like he was opening up his game due to table dynamics

Old 11-08-2007, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
fold pf, played okay post i guess...

[/ QUOTE ]

can u elaborate on y u would fold pf?

[/ QUOTE ]

word
Old 11-08-2007, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol dont 3bet KQo to 15/11...

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad, missed the stats
Old 11-08-2007, 03:55 AM

why would you call? its not like you're going to play for stacks vs. this guy w/high pair value or have great implied odds to win a big pot like 67s. i'm guessing when you do hit a sensational card for your hand (the K in this spot), you're STILL questioning wtf to do, which is a great indicator of why you should fold pf. i mean, look here- you're thinking about folding somewhere in the hand (right? since raising would be somewhat suicidal). why even consider that when you've hit one of the best possible cards for your hand.

i guess you can float and do other stuff postflop (these players are not bad to do it vs. since they rarely adjust) but i mean, you can do that with 27o right?
Old 11-08-2007, 04:08 AM

He isnt openraising
He is OOP
3 Hands in a row means nothing
He hast 15/11

His range isnt that wide. Your Equity and playability sucks hard against his range and style.

Just fold pre.

Postflop is fine to me.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:17 AM

villain is a NIT on a run of good cards.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why would you call? its not like you're going to play for stacks vs. this guy w/high pair value or have great implied odds to win a big pot like 67s. i'm guessing when you do hit a sensational card for your hand (the K in this spot), you're STILL questioning wtf to do, which is a great indicator of why you should fold pf. i mean, look here- you're thinking about folding somewhere in the hand (right? since raising would be somewhat suicidal). why even consider that when you've hit one of the best possible cards for your hand. Also, if u wanna reraise pf, fine u have some fold equity pf (i usually dont c btn limps folding very much to raises though but w/e) but ull be scaring away those dominated parts of his range i mentioned earlier and ull be building a pot with a hand which is likely gonna make a vulnerable tp at best and therefore setting urself to stack ak or aq (if he calls with that) because the pot was inflated pf.

i guess you can float and do other stuff postflop (these players are not bad to do it vs. since they rarely adjust) but i mean, you can do that with 27o right?

[/ QUOTE ]

not every hand u call pf has to be to be to stack someone, u dont think villain is opening qj, kj, k10s and q10s here a decent amount of the time? Those r all hands which u can extract a decent amount of money from in position if u both flop a pair. And its not like u have big implied odds with a hand like 67s against his range - obv i call pf one raise and the chance it gets multiway - but i dont expect to be playing for stacks everytime i hit 2p+ against sb's opening range (even if he is decently tight). Plus, like u said u can always outplay ppl in position. If ur not calling here with hands like kq and ur reraising hands like ak/aq/high pairs than ur range can easily be narrowed to small suited connectors and small pps and ppl can obv play better against u with a narrowed range such as that.

edit: also, if ur never calling from the blinds with hands like aj or kq or SCs (most dont wanna play them oop) to a CO raise or something and re/raising aq+ jj+, then ur range essetnially consists of only small pps...
Old 11-08-2007, 12:21 PM

I like it though I think you lose this hand 50% of the time
Old 11-08-2007, 12:22 PM

I usually fold pf too unless it's pure bvb. Postflop is fine I think
Old 11-08-2007, 12:27 PM

I call here alot too,..maybe a leak but even nits in the bb get stubborn here and you can outplay them. Some of the biggest hands in a session IMO come when you are playing tighter than usual, say 15/11 maybe due to cards, and you play more aggressive in pos bb vs sb or in this case with a weak call on the button and a pfr from a sb (which may be a steal attempt oop)...That said, you still have a strong hand and I don't see a fold after you call the pfr.