Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Hoss TBF - part of Think Tank?

yea, if only i knew these people and theyd let me sit and watch them play, then i could have money also
Old 04-18-2007, 07:47 PM

I HATE BOTS... The UB bots Victor is referring to can be seen anytime in the 50-100 HU games. Names as follows.
-BMW750i
-Isaac168
-MaoMao88
-banana234
-ccty
there is more. UB just sent me an e-mail saying that they already did disciplinary action against the bots but yet all the bots that I proved to them are still on and playing like nothing happened. I guess I got to be a little more crazy with them and send them more then a daily e-mail and make a site that will advertise that they don’t give a flying **** if there games are corrupted. Rake is Rake I guess. I will be updating my site in the few days with the e-mails from support and the names and video's and all that great stuff.

-Crazy Mike (MrGatorade)
Old 04-18-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hasn't he been on a heater forever? Everytime I hear anything about the online limit scene, something like HossTBF on a heater always comes up.

[/ QUOTE ]

there was a time a few months ago (like around the niagra tourney) that i was beating him fairly consistanty on UB, but recently (like ever since FT opened the 5/10s) hes just been crushing me, i think its a combination of him playing a lot better and me playing a lot worse, also shows the variance of HULHE

i think he seemed a lot easier to read and play aginst back then too, at least when he was running bad, when he runs good, he seems unstoppable, but he at least used to be capable of tilting, and it does seem like every time he 3-bets the turn on a flush draw these days he gets there

[ QUOTE ]
Weird that they would all play different styles, but I think I agree. Hoss is way way more aggressive than the other Chen, Jerrod

[/ QUOTE ]

those guys are both passive donks, i have a lot more respect for hoss than i do for them
Old 04-18-2007, 08:12 PM

mrgatorade, im not talking about those guys.

im talking about some players that play shorthanded that have an unorthodox style where they steal and resteal a lot and never fold postflop. their wsd is 48% 6way. they are the biggest winners in the game.

someone actually mentioned to me last night that maybe it was prock and his gang with a new unexploitable method. then i saw this post so i wondered if there were indeed similiarities.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:13 PM

What are some of the usernames Prock has? Last I heard he only played 40-80 on Paradise.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are some of the usernames Prock has? Last I heard he only played 40-80 on Paradise.

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe hes quackers on stars
Old 04-18-2007, 09:34 PM

hoss must be the best limit poker player online, just going from what others say. when certain people say "so and so is very good" you have to believe it.

but wow.. hoss is just a complete wack-job preflop. how can 3 betting Kx and Qx offsuit from the small blind be correct? i guess if he plays perfectly preflop it works? i dunno but like i said i guess he's the best.

quackers? wow.. i have always thought he was bad and would love to be in a game with him. same goes for chen honestly. then again i can't win lately either so people probably love to play with me.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:27 PM

Hoss v TLK for rolls?

Also, be somewhere that I can datamine ftw...
Old 04-18-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and anyone who thinks they've literally solved sh LHE doesn't know what that means.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what they are trying to say, but if you could take the weakest parts of your games and take an unexploitable route (on the fly, or pre-packaged,) you would be unbeatable to the people not capable of doing this. Then you just would just tee off on your strengths against there weaknesses in the spots they arise.

I.e. Schneids plays better than me in raised pots on the low paired boards, if I could game theory - null this edge, that would be huge.

If you can come up w/ a style to play that's unexploitable in these spots on the fly, that would be as good as "solved" to me. I don't know if this is possible, I certainly wouldn't know where to start.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you can come up w/ a style to play that's unexploitable in these spots on the fly, that would be as good as "solved" to me. I don't know if this is possible, I certainly wouldn't know where to start.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like his strategy is to raise a lot and then never fold. Solved?! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]