Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2006, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Good draw in RR pot (3/6)

I like the first call PF, but I think it's a fold to the re-raise, out of position, heads-up.

Flop is a pretty obvious check/call. Betting makes no sense. You won't get his free continuation bet, if you get any action, you're beat, and you can't bluff out AJ+. You might get a flop bet out of big pairs, but most people aren't gonna give you too much action.

Turn is again check/call, for the same reasons, only it's worse now, because now you sometimes won't be able to call a raise, and you blow yourself off a chance to hit your draws, against hands that would be willing to go to the felt.

A decent amount of the time, the river goes check/check YHIG, sometimes you can check/raise if you hit or lead, depending on what you think he has, and sometimes win a huge pot. And sometimes, you can look him up.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:35 PM

yeah flop lead is weird?

c/c
Old 08-26-2006, 09:02 PM

i make a blocker bet for sure, then if you hit your draw make a really big bet on river, but ya, i agree that the flop bet was pretty bad, even tho you have a "big draw" you only have a 22 percent chance of hitting it on the river, so i would bet maybe 1/4 of the pot and if you get repopped you might have too fold depending on the pot odds you are getting
Old 08-26-2006, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the first call PF, but I think it's a fold to the re-raise, out of position, heads-up.

Flop is a pretty obvious check/call. Betting makes no sense. You won't get his free continuation bet, if you get any action, you're beat, and you can't bluff out AJ+. You might get a flop bet out of big pairs, but most people aren't gonna give you too much action.

Turn is again check/call, for the same reasons, only it's worse now, because now you sometimes won't be able to call a raise, and you blow yourself off a chance to hit your draws, against hands that would be willing to go to the felt.

A decent amount of the time, the river goes check/check YHIG, sometimes you can check/raise if you hit or lead, depending on what you think he has, and sometimes win a huge pot. And sometimes, you can look him up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice.

I think the turn may also go check-check here against a lot of opponents with AK/AQ. Value checking, as it were.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold preflop, especially after everyone folds to the reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

My first impression too. I'd rather call with 78s. Otherwise, Big Jim nailed it.