Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2006, 01:44 PM

Default Re: I might need to take a drug test in the next few days.

Replace your piss with clean. You will not be observed during the test.

Temp is key weather you use a clean friends, or purchased dehydrated.

(purchase the clean dehydrated urine, is comes with a tube, temp gauge and heaters). Same day shipping available, but you'll be ok with 2nd day it sounds.

http://www.testclear.com/Powdered-Urine-Kit-P13C5.aspx

Good luck.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Replace your piss with clean. You will not be observed during the test.

Temp is key weather you use a clean friends, or purchased dehydrated.

(purchase the clean dehydrated urine, is comes with a tube, temp gauge and heaters). Same day shipping available, but you'll be ok with 2nd day it sounds.

http://www.testclear.com/Powdered-Urine-Kit-P13C5.aspx

Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, by the way, buy 2 kits. Some places have begun requiring 100ml rather then 50ml as in the past. If this happens and you do not have 100ml, under NO circumstanes suplement with your own.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:46 PM

Tell the nurse that if you let this one slide you'll 'hook her up' with some hard stuff
Old 05-19-2006, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am going to stop smoking for good now…

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, just tell ‘em that then. You should have no problem. Sorry, this just made me laugh.

Sorry too that I have no advice for you, but good luck, seriously. Congrats on graduating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've thought about this option, but I'm not sure if it will fly. Do you think I could tell them I've smoked marijuana and then ask them if I could take the test in a few weeks to show them I've remained clean? It's a bank that I will be working at. Thank you to everybody who responded with advice. Also, thanks to the person who provided all the links. They were helpful.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think I could tell them I've smoked marijuana and then ask them if I could take the test in a few weeks to show them I've remained clean? It's a bank that I will be working at.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely not - coming from someone employed in financial services for the last eight years.

If anything, tell them something has come up in your family (or whatever excuse) and you need to move your start date, if that's acceptable with them. Then postpone your drug test as well, as a separate action (ideally by scheduling it directly with the testing center, not with HR at the bank). That's still not the best move, but its better than admitting you've smoked.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am going to stop smoking for good now…

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, just tell ‘em that then. You should have no problem. Sorry, this just made me laugh.

Sorry too that I have no advice for you, but good luck, seriously. Congrats on graduating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've thought about this option, but I'm not sure if it will fly. Do you think I could tell them I've smoked marijuana and then ask them if I could take the test in a few weeks to show them I've remained clean? It's a bank that I will be working at. Thank you to everybody who responded with advice. Also, thanks to the person who provided all the links. They were helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've already posted the answer. Follow my advice or risk failure.

The choice is yours.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:46 PM

sorry for a slight hijack, but this thread got me thinking.

i am starting a consulting job in september, does anyone here work in consulting that could tell me whether you had to take a drug test? i haven't heard anything about one, but that doesn't really mean anything. the job is with mckinsey, if anyone has personal experience with that firm.

if it is a possibility that i have to take a drug test and i just haven't heard about it yet, how soon before the job would i have to stop smoking?

thanks,
duck
Old 05-19-2006, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry for a slight hijack, but this thread got me thinking.

i am starting a consulting job in september, does anyone here work in consulting that could tell me whether you had to take a drug test? i haven't heard anything about one, but that doesn't really mean anything. the job is with mckinsey, if anyone has personal experience with that firm.

if it is a possibility that i have to take a drug test and i just haven't heard about it yet, how soon before the job would i have to stop smoking?

thanks,
duck

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are an independant, you will not, if through an agency, you may, but it will be for the agency, not the client, although it may be at the clients request.

Beside non-disclosures, the actualy company you will work at (key 'at', not 'for') cannot subject you to pre-employment screening because you will not be an employee.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:52 PM

I wouldn't worry, I've been a chronic for years and I had to take a test for life insurance. Just stop smoking 3-4 days beforehand. Pot is out of your pee in 3 days, out of your blood in 3 weeks and out of your hair in 3 months. So don't woory, especially if it's in a few weeks and you've stopped smoking already. Hope that helps.

geosgirl
Old 05-19-2006, 05:53 PM

Get JoA to piss in a cup for you.