Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Flop Donk

[ QUOTE ]
Now if you check the turn, I almost always bet,

[/ QUOTE ]

good. that's exactly what you're supposed to be doing. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

specifically HB, are you betting Ahigh and pairs, or just Kings? 'cause if you're only betting kings and folding to alot of c/r i'm gonna blow you off quite a few better/live hands.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:38 AM

Anything. If you donk the flop, I call, and you check the turn I will bet air a fair amount of time. But yes, I will often fold to a turn check raise there. But since I'd also just call a big hand, and will also bet draws, you can't be too sure a c/r will make me fold. I'll call big hands, and I'll call draws. I've been thinking about the line of not 3 betting a turn c/r with a monster, but calling and raising the river.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anything. If you donk the flop, I call, and you check the turn I will bet air a fair amount of time. But yes, I will often fold to a turn check raise there.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is true unless i start c/r the turn alot, though. when i'm c/r the turn with a wider range of hands you will be forced to call me down more lightly. that's where a well-balanced plan of mixing this flop/turn combo should exploit alot of basic "TAG" tendencies. it seems to have the effect of putting them in the position of either calling me down with weaker hands more often or possibly folding incorrectly.

[ QUOTE ]
But since I'd also just call a big hand, and will also bet draws, you can't be too sure a c/r will make me fold. I'll call big hands, and I'll call draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i'm employing the proper frequency you should be pretty unsure of what i'm donking/checking as well. especially when i mix in donking the turn. also, keep in mind you might be thinking a bit more than alot of "typical" tight players online. while it may have less merit against you, it doesn't mean the line in and of itself can't exploit weaker players.

[ QUOTE ]
I've been thinking about the line of not 3 betting a turn c/r with a monster, but calling and raising the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

sort of makes sense. i guess this would be a function of the board and what lines i've taken against you lately more than anything else.

but back to the original question:

is my flop bet profitable, regardless of my action on the turn? fwiw, this guy opened in MP2 or the HJ. not MP1 as my post seems to have indicated to everyone. i was just sort of generalizing that is was not really EP and not really LP.