Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Re: 2/4 6-max I am a calling station

I think calling down and check/raising 3/4 pot or so on the turn and calling a shove are pretty close. C/r'ing less then the pot on the turn makes it hard for him to fold bare aces+redraws (weak or otherwise) or a K with marginal redraws or even a nice-looking but weak combo draw of some kind. You are never going to have a big edge here but if people are over-playing draws on the turn you can build a pot there. I guess if I had a momentary seizure and called preflop I'd get aggressive somewhere because this is not a WA/WB spot and I can think of a pretty broad range of hands that gives action postflop where you are running a slight favorite after the turn comes.

foldpffoldpffoldpffoldpffoldpffoldpffoldpffoldpffo ldpf. This hand is quintessential OOP garbage. I know people don't post hands to hear this but I think it bears repeating that the chorus of yeah there is no way good way to play this hand in this spot is just another way of saying foldpf.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:09 PM

yes you are
Old 07-17-2007, 01:58 PM

Unless I feel I have relatively no edge on the button I call this preflop all day unless for some reason I am playing tight (usually when I have to poop).
Old 07-17-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless I feel I have relatively no edge on the button I call this preflop all day unless for some reason I am playing tight (usually when I have to poop).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah well unless this hand is on party poker i think he should ignore you or pretend like he also has to poop when he gets this hand in the blinds.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like if I c/r at any point I'm turning my hand into a bluff, no?

[/ QUOTE ]
well no, because he can call with a draw. It's unlikely he is firing 3 barrels with absolutely nothing so if you are going to call him down like this you are giving him credit for having a draw quite a lot of the time.

I hardly ever fold this preflop here, I think I would usually cr the flop but you could do a lot of different things.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop against most people. This a trap-hand reverse implied odds nightmare that you are going to lose money with out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. Reverse implied odds apply here.
Let's look at why. You have a 457, this is not nearly as powerful as a 467. 457 needs a 68 flop which means only a 4 hitting gives you the nut straight. 467 needs a 35 flop which means a 2, 4,6 or 7 gives you the nut straight.
Neither of your flush draws are to the nuts. Your kicker should the flop comes 44x, 55x, 77x or KKx means should the flop see heavy betting you may have to lay it down anyway to opponent.
You're in the blind, you've put $4 in preflop and you're probably losing that anyway in post flop equity simply by being out of position.
Don't be so eager to defend your blind.