Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2006, 10:23 PM

Default RESULT

RESULT:
So Obiously i called because no hand made much sense to me. I didn't think he had an A and didn't think he would value bet a T. T6s maybe but i was getting 3-1. When i called villian immediatley says "you're good". Of course i've heard that before so i wait for him to turn over his T9o and muck my hand. I still don't know if villians river bet was an attemted bluff or value bet.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:25 PM

Default Re: RESULT

Lol, horrible. Given villains "you're good", I'm pretty sure he was attempting to bluff you.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol, horrible. Given villains "you're good", I'm pretty sure he was attempting to bluff you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back to MDMA's earlier point i actually considered both reraising the turn and raising his river bet but couldn't pull the trigger on either [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2006, 10:47 PM

pf is fine, its live poker and deep stacks, this isnt online.

as for the river (read results) I dont get his bluff, if I had say A2s, I would play it aggie's way and obv not fold the river. maybe just me, im never folding a better hand given the action to his river bet. well, thats not true, I suppose KT or the like, maybe.

as for your call, in a nutshell, his play is standard for how alot of players would play a weak ace. check behind on the flop etc, with an auto value bet given the action on the river. so.... 3:1, I dont mind seeing showdown, but it's prolly more of a fold then a call.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Back to MDMA's earlier point i actually considered both reraising the turn and raising his river bet but couldn't pull the trigger on either [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, I think its a fold more then a reraise, with a call being ok. he's raising 100 more, so you're calling 100:400 immediately (did I mess up pot size? not looking at original post, but i think thats spot on) and w/ 9 outs (7 nut outs) you have roughly 18% equity... needing to only extract some on river. this isnt a clear bdoor draw because there was no action on the flop, so a somewhat observant player probably wouldnt go crazy back and forth w/ a set by the river if the flush hits, but regardless its fine.

all in all i think you both played the hand fine, only thing is a fold prolly > call on the end for you. (and id like a check > bet on his part w/ T9, but 'situationally' he made a nice move)
Old 09-23-2006, 06:22 AM

aggie, I haven't read a lot of this thread, but I think both options (reraising turn and raising river) are both better than calling river. Not so much because I thought he would have a ten (I am surprised he bet with that), but because he could be bluffing with 66 or the like.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:47 AM

Default Re: small pot, snapping off a bluff (10-20 bellagio)

I think the play is to make it 550 on the turn. His raise makes no sense if you don't think he checks flop w/ an ace. Obviously I've already seen results so I'm probably biased, but just given what you knew at the time I'd expect the 3bet to take it down much more than half the time.