Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 11:15 PM

Default Re: .02/.04 Turn call with overs?

AKo is a cap preflop imo 98% of the time especially at this level.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:25 PM

Default Re: .02/.04 Turn call with overs?

[ QUOTE ]
I obviously don't play a lot of math here so for me I play bluff equity and position in these situations.

A reraise opens a few more possibilities that don't exist with a call of the flop.

If I get 3 bet by third person its a clear fold. If I get isolation against early raiser and he calls me then I have free card value on the turn.
... ...
If anyone calls one bet they are likely calling two considering the 3 bet situation. If I am ahead of them equity wise then aren't they helping my reraise value no matter what they do?

[/ QUOTE ]

in some situations I'm raising AK ui against certain players with certain others behind me (but this board has nothing on it, except 34 ... only overcards and mid pockets will be calling. I want these hands to call as what they have will not effect my hand and will likely increase my value on the big bets streets if they hit a hand that i dominate.

[ QUOTE ]
I have read book of bluffs a few times and this reraise is a classic semi bluff flop action move.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've also read that book (sometime ago now) - bet sizing was a factor ... I don't think the bluffs in that book 'completely' related to limit poker

[ QUOTE ]
But what do I do if I hit and there are 2 or 3 callers and the early raiser continues to lead?

[/ QUOTE ]
who cares ... this guy clearly sucks (if he 3jacks the turn then I would assume set or A9, and some off chance of something like AQ or AJ and make a decision)

[ QUOTE ]
A reraise opens a few more possibilities that don't exist with a call of the flop.

If I get 3 bet by third person its a clear fold. If I get isolation against early raiser and he calls me then I have free card value on the turn.

If I get 3 bet by early raiser its a clear fold on a miss on a turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
this seems like a set list of things to do ...

i don't play like that ... if it's been working for you then stick with it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]