Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Re: AIM conversation w/ A Deep Balla about positional stats

nice connect bro
Old 10-04-2007, 02:08 PM

LOL I just looked at my BB stats! WTF, my PFR is only at 4.5, too. On the other hand, I only have a 10.55 VPIP there so it does not look too strange anymore, right?

LL: Very nice post, would love to get a really really good player to make such a short analysis of my stats, too...
Old 10-04-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LL: Very nice post, would love to get a really really good player to make such a short analysis of my stats, too...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've done this. He said: "lol"
Old 10-04-2007, 03:30 PM

I prefer to not raise <AQ or <JJ OOTB's in a MWLP because I'm OOP and would like to hit the flop big or just get out of it cheap. Crap, sometimes I don't raise AK OOTB's unless the table gives a lot of respect and limp folds often.

The worst is when you raise a MW limped pot from the BB and an EP player calls you setting off a chain reaction of calls. Now you’re in a big pot OOP against multiple players.

I also like the surprise factor of really having a big hand when someone tries to raise my 2/3’s bet OOTBB when I’ve hit big. I’ll make the same 2/3 lead bet w/ Q-7 on a Q, 8, 3 flop into 2 players just like I would w/ 88 on that same board.

I will 3 bet with a vengeance when it’s folded to a LP player who is getting too liberal w/ stealing my blinds, but that’s read dependent and not what I want to address here. We’re talking about MW limped pots here, so we aren’t talking much about raised pots at all.

I’ve discussed the raising light out of the blinds theory w/ another decent player and we are both in agreement that playing MPP’s or Trouble Aces aggressively OOTB’s is really spew at most tables. I’m going to hold firm on this, unless someone advises me (with evidence) that a big raise is better, but IMO that only reopens the betting and leaves you in a bad spot, OOP.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I prefer to not raise <AQ or <JJ OOTB's in a MWLP because I'm OOP and would like to hit the flop big or just get out of it cheap. Crap, sometimes I don't raise AK OOTB's unless the table gives a lot of respect and limp folds often.

The worst is when you raise a MW limped pot from the BB and an EP player calls you setting off a chain reaction of calls. Now you’re in a big pot OOP against multiple players.

I also like the surprise factor of really having a big hand when someone tries to raise my 2/3’s bet OOTBB when I’ve hit big. I’ll make the same 2/3 lead bet w/ Q-7 on a Q, 8, 3 flop into 2 players just like I would w/ 88 on that same board.

I will 3 bet with a vengeance when it’s folded to a LP player who is getting too liberal w/ stealing my blinds, but that’s read dependent and not what I want to address here. We’re talking about MW limped pots here, so we aren’t talking much about raised pots at all.

I’ve discussed the raising light out of the blinds theory w/ another decent player and we are both in agreement that playing MPP’s or Trouble Aces aggressively OOTB’s is really spew at most tables. I’m going to hold firm on this, unless someone advises me (with evidence) that a big raise is better, but IMO that only reopens the betting and leaves you in a bad spot, OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising from the blinds depends on whether you are stealing or raising "for value". If you are raising with a hand like T2o with 2 limpers in then that's a steal and it is just a read on your opponents. However, if you have a read that you opponents will call big raises then you can raise to 10BB with AQ and be in a good spot post flop even though you are OOP.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

second, how did you get a HSP player to analyze your play? You have a coach?

[/ QUOTE ]

Said in a Marlin Brandon voice, "I know... people..."

I also feel that I'm underrated, I was playign 10NL in Feb and am at 100NL now and should be moving up to $200NL sometime next month and I don't get near the hours or the hands in that a lot of players on this site do.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

second, how did you get a HSP player to analyze your play? You have a coach?

[/ QUOTE ]

Said in a Marlin Brandon voice, "I know... people..."

I also feel that I'm underrated, I was playign 10NL in Feb and am at 100NL now and should be moving up to $200NL sometime next month and I don't get near the hours or the hands in that a lot of players on this site do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, last month I was underrated too. This month I am overrated... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2007, 03:49 PM

...snip...
Landlord79 (9:55:59 PM): yeah, button play is screwed up, I open 33 for a raise UTG, but don't like raising limpers from the button w/ it
Landlord79 (9:56:09 PM): or even 77
ADeepBalla (9:56:35 PM): No no no no no
ADeepBalla (9:56:49 PM): exactly the opposite
...snip...

You should listen to him. You don't raise limpers nearly enough on the button if 77 is a marginal hand for you.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:51 PM

...snip...
Ok, listen to me. I don't care what table you're at. Henceforth, you RAISE when you're in position. You raise when you OOP with a solid hand. And you're the nittiest player with crap OOP. You DO NOT get aggressive with crap oop unless you HAMMER the flop.
...snip...

I think he's saying don't bet without 2 pair or better. Top pair isn't good enough. Something along those lines.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...snip...
Ok, listen to me. I don't care what table you're at. Henceforth, you RAISE when you're in position. You raise when you OOP with a solid hand. And you're the nittiest player with crap OOP. You DO NOT get aggressive with crap oop unless you HAMMER the flop.
...snip...

I think he's saying don't bet without 2 pair or better. Top pair isn't good enough. Something along those lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dig that. It is dependent on how many players see the flop and the texture of the flop, of course.