Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: 50NL; AsQh on ddd flop; villian check/calls; leads pot on turn

[ QUOTE ]
Shoving doesn't totally turn the hand into a bluff if he'll call with some draw. That's value.

And your point about the river then being hard to play if I call also really contributed to my decision to shove rather than call.

I certainly coulda just folded....just couldn't think of anything that I could really give him credit for.

[/ QUOTE ]yea i am the same way. i cant put him on a range at all. lol. but given that i think it is a few monsters and a few draws. so i think we r behind the range. thus i like folding. but yea i think a shove is better then a call because i cant see n e one being able to make a decent play on the river. basically i think it will b impossible to play the river corectly so calling the turn is a really bad imo.

yea i guess he might call with a few draws if we shove. cant remeber the stack sizes tho. would he b getting good enough odds to call with a lost of combo draws or not?!?!?
Old 09-24-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

yea i guess he might call with a few draws if we shove. cant remeber the stack sizes tho. would he b getting good enough odds to call with a lost of combo draws or not?!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

He'd be getting a bit better than 2 to 1 if I remember correctly. It doesn't really matter though. Even if I don't have enough money to make the odds incorrect for him it's still +ev for me to get it all-in vs. a draw.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He'd be getting a bit better than 2 to 1 if I remember correctly. It doesn't really matter though. Even if I don't have enough money to make the odds incorrect for him it's still +ev for me to get it all-in vs. a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]well wut i was tryin to get at is if he isnt gettin odds to call with many draws then he will not call with many draws. so u would b gettin called by a higher percentage of hands that have u dominated then hands that we r slightly ahead of.

i still can see this being the best line given how way behind/slightly ahead of his range that we r. and given that he reads 2p2 at least some and therefore has at least the faintest idea of wut the hell is goin on (altho this line is terrible ldo)
Old 09-24-2007, 02:20 PM

Yea true....I did expect him to call with a bunch of draws though.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:28 PM

heres my attempt at poker stoving this. i cant really even think of a ton of combo draws that he will have at this point of the hand. so meh.

---
1,716 games 0.031 secs 55,354 games/sec

Board: Qd 8d 6d 7s
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 44.056% 42.02% 02.04% 721 35.00 { AsQh }
Hand 1: 55.944% 53.90% 02.04% 925 35.00 { 88, 66, AdKd, AdQd, AdJd, AdTd, Ad5d, 87s, 76s, AcKd, AdKc, AdKh, AdKs, AhKd, AsKd, AcQd, AdQc, AdQh, AdQs, AhQd, AsQd, AdJc, AdJh, AdJs, AdTc, AdTh, AdTs, JcTd, JdTc, JdTh, JdTs, 9d8c, 9d8h, 9d8s, 9c7d, 9d7c, 9d7h, 9d7s, 9h7d, 9s7d }

---