Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > Stoxpoker.com
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Video Formats

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I would say about 98% of the stuff at Stoxpoker is available in both steaming .wmv, downloadable .wmv or flash. I know we have just a few videos that for some reason or another aren't in all 3 at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can one of you Stoxposters please clarfy this statement?

I first read it as "98% are also available in flash" - and thought OMG where is my monies I need to sign up ASAP so I can get watching Flash videos!! (I don't have a facility to play DRM "protected" WMV)... but now on a second read I'm not so sure, maybe it means "they are all in streaming WMV, but most are also downloadable WMV or maybe flash"

So, please could someone in the know offer a rough percentage of videos available in Flash only?

Many thanks,

dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

after a quick count on their video page I see about 8/151 that are not available in flash..
Old 10-12-2007, 07:09 PM

Thank for the count, 8/151 seems low enough to barely matter [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So I am assuming if my Windows-Free computer can play the demo vids fine (it can) I won't have any troubles with the real things?
Old 10-12-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank for the count, 8/151 seems low enough to barely matter [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So I am assuming if my Windows-Free computer can play the demo vids fine (it can) I won't have any troubles with the real things?

[/ QUOTE ]

this should be correct. Also remember there is a 7 day money back guarantee partly for exactly this reason.

also, i'm not sure why 8 of the vids are not in flash, its possible we have lost the original for some of the old ones...
Old 10-12-2007, 10:20 PM

Sweet

12 month subscription fee shipped via PokerStars.

If you are keeping records of such things (and I hope you are if you have to pay for the facility to use Windows DRM), please note I am supremely happy to subscribe to your service specifically because I am able to without funding (and therefore promoting) the advance of DRM, which I believe is potentially one of the worst things to happen to our society in the last 30 years.

I will resist the urge to type a long rant on the subject (unless anyone requests such) - but I will link this:

The Right to Read, 1997

For now, please just note you have +1 long term customer entirely because you are *not* using DRM on one format of your vids, and if anyone asks, I will spread the word [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Many thanks,

dave.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as I know both StoxPoker and Cardrunners use a video format that can only be played on Windows. This is primarily due to the DRM usage I think.

What are the alternatives for providing video content in a cross platform manner, that can be played offline (ie. on a plane for example), but still protect the training sites from piracy? Are there any? Have you considered Flash like PokerXFactor?

On the Mac I run Parallels so I can watch the videos but would really like a native solution. Plus I'd like to be able to watch them on a portable device too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am probably misunderstanding this because it isn't a windows-only related issue but:

If you DL the Cardrunners videos onto your desktop and open once to put in your log-in info you would be able to watch them from a laptop on a plane (offline). As best I can tell the videos don't ask you to log in again after it has been verified once.

Hope this helps, if not then sorry. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2007, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If you DL the Cardrunners videos onto your desktop and open once to put in your log-in info you would be able to watch them from a laptop on a plane (offline). As best I can tell the videos don't ask you to log in again after it has been verified once.

[/ QUOTE ]

You get a license that's only valid for 14 days, after which you'll be asked to login again to get a new license. So you'll need to keep a valid subscription in order to view downloaded vids at a later date [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2007, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sweet

If you are keeping records of such things (and I hope you are if you have to pay for the facility to use Windows DRM), please note I am supremely happy to subscribe to your service specifically because I am able to without funding (and therefore promoting) the advance of DRM, which I believe is potentially one of the worst things to happen to our society in the last 30 years.

I will resist the urge to type a long rant on the subject (unless anyone requests such) - but I will link this:

The Right to Read, 1997

For now, please just note you have +1 long term customer entirely because you are *not* using DRM on one format of your vids, and if anyone asks, I will spread the word [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Many thanks,

dave.

[/ QUOTE ]
Respect. I'm probably going the same way, subscription imminent. Get *TT* or those old razz codgers on board though.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sweet

The Right to Read, 1997

Many thanks,

dave.

[/ QUOTE ]
Respect. I'm probably going the same way, subscription imminent. Get *TT* or those old razz codgers on board though.

[/ QUOTE ]

we are currently in talks with a RAZZ pro, no promises but we are optimistic.