Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Someone please help me

[ QUOTE ]
Here's why I find this awkward.

I defended him once. I said JJN, do not argue with those guys in ATF. You will get banned. I don't want you to get banned.

I stuck up for him. I was a forum friend. No more than that.

Now, I might be responsible for getting the stupid weirdo banned after I stuck up for him. I just don't want to get any more PMs from him.

I'm creeped out and wish I had never decided to mess around on the internet. I think this dude is sick in the head and yeah I felt compassion for him because at times he was lucid but now i think maybe he's wacked.

Why would you send a friend a mean and vile PM?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he should be banned.

Either way the first thing you should do is put him on ignore. Then he can't send you PMs.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Either way the first thing you should do is put him on ignore. Then he can't send you PMs.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i didn't think of this. I will do this right now. i'm a pathetic mod [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2007, 01:15 AM

I don't want to be the one who bans him because you guys don't know how paranoid I am of the internet. I'm afraid he will track me down and murder me.

I would like an admin to send him a PM and tell him to never contact me because he was way over the line.

and if they feel like banning him then so be it but i don't want to be the one to do it cuz he will hate me. He knows i was always nice to him. He would not expect it of me. he is a very sad and lonely guy. and creepy.

I don't want to over-react cuz maybe there is nothing in the 3 PMs that I'm afraid to open.

Maybe there is only a recipe in the PM that says "katy likes anal". I just don't know [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

what should i do.

Guys can be stupid.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2007, 09:25 AM

Katy,

JJN often creates long-winded posts in Psychology, with a common theme of attemping to predict others' playing styles by race, demographics, etc. He has admitted to being Bipolar, and as you correctly surmised, he appears to be a social retard.

I usually give him a fairly long leash in Psychology, because his posts often elicit significant interplay--even if I find these threads to be rather stupid. However, you do not need to be accepting abuse from him.

Dr. chess
Old 03-31-2007, 09:32 AM

Katy,

Now that I've read them, personally, I think he is only kind of kidding. This seems like stuff people write when they want it to look like they're kidding but they're actually angry and bitter. I'd still be very disturbed, and leave him blocked <u>at the very least</u>.

And Jeremy, lighten up. She's been a mod for about a minute and a half. We can't ALL start our modly tenure by raining down fire from the heavens. (Though it works well for some of you.)
Old 03-31-2007, 09:45 AM

Katy, Censored,

FWIW, it has been explained already that banning people for harassing you, etc, out of your forum, is unacceptable, and at all points what is supposed to be done is contact either the mod of the forum where the harassment occurs or the admins, and let them handle it, so that there's "never" bias/hotheadedness going in to the decision. What Katy did was perfectly acceptable, except that I think that since the admins were not online, it would have been fairly reasonable to either go with the ignore option, or a temporary banning, until the reds woke up and saw your messages.

c
Old 03-31-2007, 09:54 AM

Sounds like he got drunk, and maybe off his meds [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I say stupid things like that to my husband when I'm drunk, too. "Felicia likes anal." Boy, do I regret that in the morning! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Hope you're feeling better today. Modding can be interesing, to say the least.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2007, 11:07 AM

That guy is a nut. I think in a somewhat literal sense. I believe he's posted about some sort of disorder.

That said, he needs some banning. He's been a lousy, near-trollish poster for a long time.

That also said, if you're going to be a mod Katy, you'll need to get used to abuse/stupid PMs/whatever, especially because you're female. Not saying it's ok, and we should be nuking people who do it, but it will happen because that's what happens on the internet.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:00 PM

No excuse for this crap. This idiot needs a time-out and then a perma if he continues.

Katy,

The litmus test I use is if the PM was sent to one of your forum's best posters what punishment, if any, would you mete out.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I say stupid things like that to my husband when I'm drunk, too. "Felicia likes anal."

[/ QUOTE ]

You talk to you husband in the third person? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Boy, do I regret that in the morning! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume that makes one of you. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]