Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which series is best?
1 27 32.93%
2 27 32.93%
3 4 4.88%
4 6 7.32%
5 18 21.95%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2007, 09:31 PM

Default Re: LC: What is the history of STTf on 2p2?

Raymer used to post about limit STTs on paradise, although I think there was just a general tournament forum back them.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont know, but i did read a post by citanul in the archives when he was still a n00b with like 20 posts. Also, microbet told me that when he first got on STTF there were no mods on the forum (I'm thinking somewhere between the pearl harbor and the apartheid)

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, the mods are very new actually. There was a pretty big flame war over the whole thing at the time IIRC. You'd be surprised at who all still posts in other forums now who were originally posters in sttf. Praying Mantis, etc, etc, etc.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont know, but i did read a post by citanul in the archives when he was still a n00b with like 20 posts. Also, microbet told me that when he first got on STTF there were no mods on the forum (I'm thinking somewhere between the pearl harbor and the apartheid)

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, the mods are very new actually. There was a pretty big flame war over the whole thing at the time IIRC. You'd be surprised at who all still posts in other forums now who were originally posters in sttf. Praying Mantis, etc, etc, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, lots of big names no longer post here. One poster I remember vividly for some reason is Nottom, haven't seen him around any forums in a long time tho.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:41 PM

People used to talk about crazy stuff like playing 4 tables at a time - ZOMG HOW DO YOU PLAY 4 TOURNIES AT A TIME AND STILL MAKE THE RIGHT PLAY !?!?!?!?!

Oh, and some other questions from back in the day, "Do you think SnGs are getting tougher?" "Can you still make money at SnGs?"
Old 02-09-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, lots of big names no longer post here. One poster I remember vividly for some reason is Nottom, haven't seen him around any forums in a long time tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, yeah, he had a cool avatar I thought.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, and some other questions from back in the day, "Do you think SnGs are getting tougher?" "Can you still make money at SnGs?"

[/ QUOTE ]

dont we still ask ourselves these questions everyday? no?
Old 02-09-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People used to talk about crazy stuff like playing 4 tables at a time - ZOMG HOW DO YOU PLAY 4 TOURNIES AT A TIME AND STILL MAKE THE RIGHT PLAY !?!?!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

And:
"Look at my stats after 10 SNGs"
"LOL n00b, come back when you've played 50"
Old 02-10-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
billx,

I think like Mason and D.Skansky regged late August 2002, so I'm guessing no one picks in the first 3 on your poll.

[/ QUOTE ]

but that was the new forum software or whatever. its been around a little lnoger
Old 02-10-2007, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
billx,

I think like Mason and D.Skansky regged late August 2002, so I'm guessing no one picks in the first 3 on your poll.

[/ QUOTE ]

but that was the new forum software or whatever. its been around <font color="red">A LOT</font> longer

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Yugoslav
Old 02-10-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
billx,

[/ QUOTE ]

but that was the new forum software or whatever. its been around <font color="red">A LOT</font> longer

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I see the archives go back to 97. Excuse me though if I don't think 1997 was a LONG time ago. Now, the 10 years between 1977 and 1987, that was a LONG time.