Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 04:39 PM

Default Re: On Getting Older - Pains, Heart Attacks, etc.

i didn't have lasting motivation until i took a minute and a step back and looked at all that life had to offer, how lucky i was, how great my life was, every since that epiphany day all i've wanted to do is live for as long as i could and enjoy as much as i could, so whatever gets me there is what i work on...i know i can't live forever but eating healthy and gym are the closest thing to it.

i know i sound like a corny born again christian with this stuff, but well yeah.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:39 PM

great attitude azk

one thing that gets everyone i know as they get older is their back. you forget you cant bend around and pick up things the same as when younger. you never know what the age it is that gets you but after hurting it it is never the same. although good back excersices cover much of the battle. dont forget this as it will get everyone that gets lax about it and it aint no fun.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:38 AM

As far as motivating yourself - the key is to set small, attainable goals. If you plan to run the marathon, it is easy to give up completely if you think you won't get there. Start slowly.

Try to get a few hours of exercise a week, even if it's "only walking". Anything more than you are currently doing. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Park your car at the far end of the parking lot.

Diet is tougher. Try to cut out one particular kind of crap. Eat your meals slowly (this really works). You will be full long before you would have stopped eating on your own. Always leave a little something on your plate. This will get you into the habit of finishing when you are full, not when all the food is gone.