Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 6v11
Sh*thead 24 55.81%
Mi-Suk Bush 19 44.19%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2006, 10:55 PM

Default Re: MISH MASH 5: THE SHORTLINENING (GAME THREAD)

***MISH MASH NEWS FLASH***

11AM, August 26, 2106.

BREAKING NEWS FROM WPOG, THE FIRST NEWS NETWORK OF POGGOPOLIS

Citizens, this is Alison Belle down here at Ground Zero where we have a most... most shocking and terrifying report. Oh god.

Witnesses claim to have seen Superman and Wonderwoman flying in the Poggopolis sky moments before an earth-shaking explosion took place at this local prison. We have... we have two people down here saying that the two “heroes” impacted the building less than five minutes ago. They... they flew directly into the building.

So where have these heroes been? And why have they destroyed the Poggopolis Correction Facility? Where were they when Luthor took over the town? Where are they going now? Where are the others? For god's sake, where are they?

Are they our heroes anymore?

Police... I'm sorry... just...

Police are saying... police are saying that they're down on the scene... they're at the scene now. And there's nothing missing, really, just everything's... everything's destroyed again. The only thing missing is an armored car refueling at the facility that was delivering a shipment of rare minerals to the Poggopolis Museum of Science.

And... okay, this is just in folks. A WPOG exclusive. Police are now tracking an escaped man, a convict serving his tenth year of a double life sentence. He is considered armed, and highly dangerous.

The man goes by the name of the Neutralizer.

This is Alison Belle. We'll keep you updated. God speed, Poggopolis. We can't trust anyone anymore.

Old 10-22-2006, 03:44 AM

TIME AND LOCATION UNKNOWN

I am the great pumpkin, great pumpkin, great pumpkin.
I am the great pumpkin. Come dance with me.
For your friends are my friends & my friends are your friends.

I am the great pumpkin, great pumpkin, great pumpkin.
For your friends are my friends & my friends are your friends.

I am the great pumpkin.

I am the flying great pumpkin.

And on Halloween...
If you believe in me, I will appear...
Old 10-22-2006, 03:57 AM

4 PM. August 26th, 2106.

Hey and WELCOME! to Total Request Live! from Poggoplis Center, where we're just about wrappin' up today's hot action and finishin' catching up with the celebs, yo.

Let's go outside to the street now and - holy fccking shtt...

Yo, we're witnessing the RAPTURE... holy shtt, dawg, holy shtt...

No, wait. Get a camera on that. Camera one, get on that.

You got it? What's going on?

Wait, slow down, slow down. Descended to earth? Help the poor? What? Hold on, man, jeez. SLOW DOWN!

Get a shot of him. We need this. Get a shot of him now.

Oh, shtt. He's... glorious.

Ladies and gentlemen... I'm speechless. Please welcome... give a big, holy welcome to the... uh... to Raptor H. Christ!
Old 10-22-2006, 12:00 PM

Hello, Poggopolis. This is another brief message from Mayor Luthor.

Well, I hope you're all happy. Look what your heroes have given you. Whereas I, Mayor Luthor, have rebuilit this squalid town, they've destroyed it. These were your HEROES, Poggopolis! You WORSHIPED them. Ha. Ha ha. Oh, they've repaid you, haven't they? Disgusting, isn't it?

Well, I am afraid this is partly my fault. They shouldn't have tried to stop our virus. When they set off that EMP, something happened to those magnificent little chips in their heads. I think they might have... gotten a little too close to that virus. They no longer feel any commitment to this little city of yours. They are only living for each other now. And... I'm afraid they won't stop. I'm afraid that they'll keep destroying and destroying AND DESTROYING EVERYTHING until it's ALL GONE! All of it! Even me!

So imagine my HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE ANGER when I realized someone had stolen that kryptonite that was to be MINE. Oh, well, that's just our only protection against Superman. He's DANGEROUS! I've been telling you he's DANGEROUS. You simpletons. First it was the bank vault, now it's the armored car. All of it's gone! It's gone! No more kryptonite left in the city! Gone!

But I know who's been taking it.

Your heroes! That's right! They destroyed your town trying to get all that kryptonite. And now, they're the only ones who have it! Who destroyed the bank? Superman, Batman, Wonderwoman, ALL OF THEM DID IT. And the prison. And they've been killing innocent civilians... bankers, reporters, television actresses... these were your HEROES, Poggopolis!

Well, I'm afriad these heroes are as much a threat to us as they are to you. So as of now, I am personally mobilizing the town of Poggopolis as a fighting force. That's right. You will fight for your city! You will fight for ME!

We will come to your homes. We will come to your jobs. We will call upon you whenever we see fit, and you WILL fight for us! Resistance will be met FURIOUSLY. Because you see, Poggopolis, you brought this on yourselves. You owe me one.

Oh, and I hope you haven't missed your police chief too much. My apologies. It seems he was calling in some "outside help." Well, I'm all the help you need, Poggopolis. My friends and I will be happy to protect you.

But do not cross me, Poggopolis. DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT! Do. Not. Cross. Me.

Transmission over.

-----------------------------------

Old 10-22-2006, 12:15 PM

August 27th, 2106.

What have we done? What have they done?

We idolized our heroes and they only turned our backs on us. We embraced our villains, and they have only USED us. We've all been fools. Complete fools.

We should have known. This was our fault.

So this is where our heroes have gone. Is all hope truly lost? I hope not. I truly, truly hope not. But things are still so cold.

Now we must call on each other. Poggopolis will rise again. This is not the freedom we sought. This is more fascism. In these times, there is no democracy. We are at the whim of Luthor and his "friends." Perhaps our heroes have destroyed more of our city. But Luthor has destroyed all of our wills.

We must overthrow these villains. We must defend ourselves against our heroes.

But with my condition... what can I do? I do not even know who I am anymore. Am I good? Do I do good things? Then why is there this side to me... this other side... how can I fight it? Should I fight it? Should I do evil things?

I may have some kryptonite left in my laboratory. We shall see. We shall see.

I can only hope... that it is not too late... for Poggopolis... for hope...

for me.

This will be my last journal entry. May these entries serve as a guide to those who seek to fight with me.

Ever in spirit,
Dr. Henry Jekyll

Old 10-27-2006, 12:41 PM

Final Player List:

32 Players

Aaronk56
Amplify
Big Jim
BluffBlank
BobOjedaFan
Boiler
Chuckles
DMBfan
dmk
Durron
Fnord
GetThere1Time
His Boy Elroy
Kumubou
Kyro
LuckayLuck
mdorand
Nicholasp27
Patton
PokerFox
Rogue
Sighing
Spook
Stephen H
Tokyo!!
VR
wdcbooks
WillMagic
Worthless
xorbie
Zero_333
Zurvan

ALL PLAYERS ON THIS LIST SHOULD READ THIS THREAD AND THE SIGNUP THREAD PRIOR TO THE GAME STARTING. I should still be the only one posting in this thread until Day begins on Monday. All questions should be asked in the signup thread.

thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2006, 01:03 PM

three more things:

There is no night chat until Saturday night EST at earliest.

A reminder that subplots are never to be discussed at any time inside of or outside of the thread, unless specifically indicated otherwise in the description of the subplot.

Any roleclaiming strategy must be approved by the mod. I do not want random roleclaims. No roleclaims, no roleclaims, no roleclaims. It makes me puke. Generally, if you are in line to be lynched, you can roleclaim. But you don't have to claim the role you are...
Old 10-27-2006, 02:48 PM

Shortline will now be away until Saturday night. When he returns, chat may commence. I will link more game info in this thread on Sunday. Game will begin at 10AM monday.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:19 PM

Role Descriptions

GOOD ROLES

Winning Conditions for this faction: Eliminate both of the evil factions entirely, as well as certain neutral characters (more information to come).

<u>Sherlock Holmes</u>

Your (relatively) standard seer/cop. The only players Sherlock cannot successfully view are Batman and Penguin (the "godfathers" of the two evil factions).

Players that may change roles midgame will appear as they do at the BEGINNING of the night Sherlock views them.

If Sherlock dies, Watson is activated as his deputy.

If Wonder Woman or Poison Ivy targets Sherlock, his investigation will be blocked. However, he will instead learn about the block and will learn WW's/Ivy's identity.

Win condition:
Wins with village (both evil factions are defeated).

<u>Dr. Watson</u>

A deputy to Sherlock Holmes. Only is activated as a seer/cop once Sherlock dies, recieving both seer/cop powers and 50% of Sherlock's previous views (which 50% will be decided at random). Neither Sherlock nor Watson will know each other's identities.

Once activated, all rules that apply to Sherlock apply to Watson (Wonderwoman/Poison Ivy, characters who role-change). However, if he has not been activated by Sherlock's death, he will not learn anything if/when Wonderwoman/Poison Ivy block him.

<u>Mr. Moneybags</u>

The man bankrolling The Good Guys' fight against Evil. He is allotted a certain amount of money. He may buy up to two players' votes each day, which will cost him a specified amount per vote. He must PM me his decision to buy votes before night falls. He must specify which players' votes he is buying, and who he wants them to vote for.

Further, he may resupply MacGuyver at a certain cost. He will not know who MacGuyver is, or communicate with him: Moneybags will simply be notified by the mod when MacGuyver's supplies are depleted, and be given the option to pay for more.

In the event he attempts to buy a vote that has also been corrupted by Superman and/or Lex Luthor, each of the vote-buying characters has an equal percent chance at winning the ability to control that person's vote.

<u>MacGuyver</u>

MacGuyver will begin the game with a stash of random crap -- pens, gum, paper clips, a bottle rocket, etc. Each night, he will be presented with two new "recipes" for inventions, that will allow a night action based on what he has in his stash. His options will always be pro-town, but the inventions will vary in effectiveness.

For example, on Night 1 he may be presented with with Invention A (two pens, three paper clips, and a bottle rocket = 3 players can be chosen to have 20% protection from night kill) and Invention B (one pen, three pieces of gum, and a bottle of water = an investigation with 50% chance of success).

Each night he may choose to exercise one of his known inventions (and thus use up items), or wait until the following night to learn more inventions (saving his items hoping he'll learn better options tomorrow). On any night, he may exercise any invention he has previously learned IF he still has the materials for it.

The only way to restock his supplies is if Mr. Moneybags elects to pay the bill. When MacGuyver's supplies have run too low, both MacGuyver and Moneybags will be notified (however, they won't learn each other's identities and cannot communicate). It will be left in Moneybags' discretion whether to spend funds on restocking.

<u>Raptor H. Christ</u>

The doctor/angel. Each night, Raptor Christ may choose to protect 1 player from night-kill. When protecting Sherlock/Watson from death, he is only 50% effective.

If Raptor Christ protects a player at night that would normally be converted when targeted for night death, that player is NOT converted if targeted that night, and the player is left alive. If targeted for conversion on a subsequent night, that player will be converted.

<u>Assorted Villagers / Corruptible Villagers</u>

Villagers win with the village, unless corrupted (and some are corruptible). Some may have additional subplots which affect their win conditions slightly. All villagers peek as "village."
Old 10-29-2006, 03:21 PM

EVIL FACTION #1 - EVIL VILLAINS

Winning Conditions for the faction: Eliminate one of the other factions (Evil Heroes or Village) and outnumber the remaining faction to ensure victory.

<u>Penguin</u>

Godfather role.
Appears when investigated: Villager (unless roleblocked at night, then appears Penguin)

The Godfather of the Evil Villain faction. Each night Penguin can select a target either to kill. It is ultimately Penguin's decision who to kill -- if Penguin chooses to go against the will of his fellow villains, he may do so. Penguin is responsible for PMing me the Evil Villains' night action each night. If he is absent on any given night, the remaining faction members must come to consensus on a kill. Upon his death, all kills made by a faction must be consensus.

Night kills must also be accompanied by the name of the Evil Villain carrying out the kill. Penguin's PMs should read "Villain 1 kills Player X." This is necessary due to the existence of prostitute-style characters.

<u>Poison Ivy</u>

Roleblocker role.
Appears when investigated: Poison Ivy

An evil villain whose abilities are similar to the familiar prostitute role.

Poison Ivy targets a player each night to "roleblock," preventing that player from carrying out any actions they were attempting that night. While she may consult with her fellow Villains, the decision is ultimately left to Poison Ivy.

If Poison Ivy targets Sherlock or an activated Watson, her block will be successful. However, Sherlock/Watson will be informed of the block and of Poison Ivy's identity. If Poison Ivy targets a godfather, the godfather will peek as their true identity, not as villager.

If Poison Ivy targets a player who has been targeted by a night-kill, Poison Ivy dies with that player.

<u>Lex Luthor</u>

Votebuyer role.
Appears when investigated: Lex Luthor

An evil villain able to control the vote of one other player during the day. He must PM me before night falls whose vote he wishes to change, and what he wishes to change it to. There is no cost or limit to how many days Lex Luthor may exercise his powers; he may change one vote per day until his death.

If Lex Luthor, Superman, or Mr. Moneybags target the same player for vote controlling, each will have an equal percent chance of controlling the vote -- so if two target the same person, it's 50/50 on which goes through, if all three target the same person, it's 33/33/33.

<u>Evil Villains</u>

Appear when investigated: Evil

There will be TWO generic evil villains who may or may not have an unnamed power. If they DO have an unnamed power, the power will be rather minor (i.e. not an extra kill or possession or something crazy like that). If they DO have an unnamed power, when the power is used, the name of the role using the power will be revealed and confirmed as a role present in the game. The player who used this unnamed power will not be revealed.