Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 02:01 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/8) (possible spoliers in thread to co

The concept of domination loses its significance the lower the cards get. Hands like 6-5 don't really dominate 6-3 the way A-K dominates A-Q, since the kicker will rarely be in play, and it's not like you're playing to make a top pair with those hands. That said, I still don't get what they actually were playing those hands for.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:19 AM

Very true.

I think what I meant was how, often do you raise with 6 high, and get called in two spots and still rate to have the best hand.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:33 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE8lexRybuY
Old 10-09-2007, 06:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How great a game is it when you raise it up to 8000 (big raise) with the 6s 5s and the first two hands that can't wait to call you, you have totally crushed.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that the raise was made by a guy they all thought was a tournament player with a minimum buyin and probably not gambling too much makes those calls even more WOW worthy, and ofcourse Eli's AQ is the nuts in that spot.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:15 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/8) (possible spoliers in thread to come?)

It seems to me that, "In the begining"(1st season), players on HSP tried to show how smart/good they were...now they all get in and try to outgambool each other. Solid poker would give you alot of equity but with high variance.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:51 AM

Thoughts on this ep as I watch it:

- Wow! That was a pretty ballsy stackoff by Hellmuth. I have to give the man his dues. I know Farha is a lagtard but still.

- Jesus, that was a horrific call from Baxter with the KQ. What the hell was that?

- Gold is a massive douche. Also, that hand with the A2 vs Farha's Q8 was horrible (as even he recognised afterwards). Oh, the table maniac has bet, lets raise in front of 3 other players behind me to isolate him, even though he'll definitely call and his hand is definitely better than mine. Then to complete the package lets check the hand down? I'd be pissed too if I was Elezra.