Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 04:09 AM

Default Re: UB Withdrawal Option Suspended, what Does this mean?

i just got a notice too. i cant withdraw. they want me to contact memberservices.

im not alarmed as absolute did this to me too, they just wanted verification and everything took less than half a day.

i want to reload on sunday to take advantage of reload bonus, but it seems kind of dumb to put more money in when they wont let me withdraw.............lol.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:44 AM

I had to verify my identity on a small site for a $4000 withdrawal in December. They requested that I email them scans of photo ID AND credit card statement with my current address (I'm in Canada and the site's office was in Europe).

I sent them the info as requested (blacked out part of the card numbers) and the site confirmed my ID within 24 hours and completed the withdrawal.

Then, within a week, my credit card was compromised - somebody on another continent made a $650 unauthorized online purchase and attempted to make an international money transfer for another $600. MasterCard caught the strange activity and shut down the card.

My guess is an employee at the site either farmed my information out to scammers or their site was/is not secure and my info was hacked.

I now will not send electronic copies of personal information anywhere. Email is not secure and too easy to pass along. If verification is absolutely needed, I speak directly by phone and send faxed copies only.

Hope your situation works out.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:39 PM

wow, that's awful. Good thing credit card companies are real good these days about this kind of stuff. My credit card company actually called to check on suspicious activity on my debit card. The micro-charge verification from epass. It was only about $1 and they still took the time to check it out.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:37 AM

I just faxed and sent them my driver's license, passport and a copy of my epassporte card. I will post an update once I hear back from them.

PS. I haven't heard back from good2cu regarding his UB withdrawal incident.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:43 AM

Epassporte is a potential problem for gaming sites, because people can I think potentially receive gift cards with false identities.
There is obviously fraud potential and it's a good thing for sites to verify identity documents, to reduce the risk of multiple accounts, and fraud or teaming attempts.

With a verified neteller account a site is more reassured as to identity and fraud prevention.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:07 PM

Update:
I didn't receive an email yet, but I noticed that I no longer have a pending cashout. I look in my transaction history and it comes out as $-800.00 Bonus Abuser, Funds Recovered. So basically, they took my pending cashout and confiscated it, claiming it was for bonus abuse.

I have been a long time high volume player on UB and I did not do anything to be considered a bonus abuser, such as depositing and cashing out w/o coverplay etc. I do, however reload my account every time when they offer a reload bonus. I do play sufficiently before withdrawing any amount. And when I do request a withdrawal, it is only for the amount that I have won/made since the deposit. I have emailed them, asking for an explanation from a supervisor. The sheer fact that they just took action without any explanation or email is just unethical.

Anyone have a customer support number to UB? I want to get this matter resolved as soon as possible so if they decide to just keep my $800, i can take my play elsewhere.

I know I have read alot of negatives about UB, but this is the first time I have come across anything like this. Maybe it's really time to just cut ties w/ UB.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:06 PM

at least they told you what you are accused of. in my case they just locked me out and didnt tell me why. no e mail nothing.

the only thing i could find out by calling their security dept is that they think im a bot. thats all i know.

my potential loss is about 800$ also.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:29 PM

They did not tell me. I had to figure it out for myself when I noticed that my "pending cashout" was cancelled, but the funds were not returned. How did you call their security dept? I cannot find a phone number anywhere.

Old 03-29-2007, 03:08 AM

this makes me want to throw up
Old 03-29-2007, 06:35 AM

Here is a phone number I found and jotted down when my wuthdrawal was delayed a few days ago: 866-605-0311.

When I called, I spoke with a man who told me I would have to email support, but maybe you will have better luck.