Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2006, 11:24 AM

Default Re: How often do we cbet?

I'm @ 70%, but recently have really been working on what Skuzzy said (as opposed to just bet bet bet):

[ QUOTE ]
...anyway, OP: I cbet when the board is dry but looks like a raiser may have hit it, ideally one broadway card on a rainbow flop. I stop cbetting when the board is wet like 2 flush connected or two connected broadway. I ma more inclined to cbet TAgs than LAgs.

[/ QUOTE ]

so I think it may come down to 60 - 65%.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I cbet when the board is dry but looks like a raiser may have hit it, ideally one broadway card on a rainbow flop. I stop cbetting when the board is wet like 2 flush connected or two connected broadway.

[/ QUOTE ]
This makes sense to me from a level 2 (or level 1, sigh) perspective: you think about what your opponents has and because it's more difficult to hit a K72r board than a TJ7 two-tone board, you cbet the first but (maybe) not the second. But take that one level higher: if Villain thinks in this way (which requires a thinking villain, for starters), he must respect your bet on the TJ7 more than the K72r one.

Or the same reasoning: if Hero thinks that a TJ7 two-tone is better for floating, he'll fire second barrels on blank turns more etc. So Villain should float on the K72r kind of boards because Hero won't suspect you are floating and Hero generally c/f on the K72r when he has missed and his cbet has been called.

Or am I missing something here?
Old 09-18-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I cbet when the board is dry but looks like a raiser may have hit it, ideally one broadway card on a rainbow flop. I stop cbetting when the board is wet like 2 flush connected or two connected broadway.

[/ QUOTE ]
This makes sense to me from a level 2 (or level 1, sigh) perspective: you think about what your opponents has and because it's more difficult to hit a K72r board than a TJ7 two-tone board, you cbet the first but (maybe) not the second. But take that one level higher: if Villain thinks in this way (which requires a thinking villain, for starters), he must respect your bet on the TJ7 more than the K72r one.

Or the same reasoning: if Hero thinks that a TJ7 two-tone is better for floating, he'll fire second barrels on blank turns more etc. So Villain should float on the K72r kind of boards because Hero won't suspect you are floating and Hero generally c/f on the K72r when he has missed and his cbet has been called.

Or am I missing something here?

[/ QUOTE ]

1.) Leveling in SSNL games is usually counterproductive.
2.) It's not just chasers that are relevant. The chances are greater that you are behind/crushed on tasty boards.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in position i cbet close to 100% vs. 1 opponent
IP vs. 2 I need at least 5 clean outs
OOP vs. 1 opp I need at least 5 clean outs to cbet
oop vs. 2 opps, I dont even go there. not without 9+ clean outs, or a made hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

unless you cbet with zero outs, youre missing the point.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in position i cbet close to 100% vs. 1 opponent
IP vs. 2 I need at least 5 clean outs
OOP vs. 1 opp I need at least 5 clean outs to cbet
oop vs. 2 opps, I dont even go there. not without 9+ clean outs, or a made hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Play the board more.

Dumle

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't know what he's on about. I've never even considered my "outs" when c-betting.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I understand that, I'm talking more from the theoretical point of view.

[ QUOTE ]

2.) It's not just chasers that are relevant. The chances are greater that you are behind/crushed on tasty boards.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would like to see some PokerStove analysis of that (but I can't stove here). I think it depends a lot on the range for the coldcaller, but I'd say that a UTG opening range of {22+, AJ+, KQ+, QJs} could hit a 7T9 twotone board just as good as a K72r board.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I understand that, I'm talking more from the theoretical point of view.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, then, yes, if you step up a level of deception, then flip it around like you said.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would like to see some PokerStove analysis of that (but I can't stove here). I think it depends a lot on the range for the coldcaller, but I'd say that a UTG opening range of {22+, AJ+, KQ+, QJs} could hit a 7T9 twotone board just as good as a K72r board.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the cold-caller's range, he often has some sort of good implied odds hand like mid-pairs or mid-SCs, and now not only does he know that the opening raiser is likely to have whiffed, but he also may have hit the flop hard.

For the original raiser, I don't have pokerstove at the moment either, but it's immediately obvious that the K72r flop is more likely to hit.