FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is dumber?
The old lady 4 36.36%
The crook 2 18.18%
They are both equally unintelligent 5 45.45%
this space intentionally left blank 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2006, 12:52 PM

Default Re: Bots in PartyPoker\'s 6-max Limit games?

ive played quite alot against these and im 100% they are bots, but i dont think party cares about them, without those bots they woulndt have any games at all (well almost)
Old 11-12-2006, 01:04 PM

Sounds a lot like the SNG bots that were found on Party a few months back. I guess all you can do is email Party and they will delete them. If they really are bots and they are playing this high, I guess the people who thought bots can only win in micro stakes are wrong.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess the people who thought bots can only win in micro stakes are wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course... there is a very successful Bot network working WSEX right now, that was specifically designed to defeat 2+2ers.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:25 PM

I'm happy to see that my post seems to be taken seriously. Thank you!

I have not recieved anymore replies from PartyPoker than the one I posted, it was 5 days ago. I gave them a list of possible bots, but it seems as if they have not done anything about them yet, because I saw at least three of those bots online yesterday. Actually I don't expect PartyPoker to give me many more replies as I think they might want to deal with this without too much publicity.

This is a screenshot from just minutes ago of 3 possible bots playing 15/30, as you can see they multitable. I have noticed that they play 1-3 tables:
Screenshot
Old 11-12-2006, 02:50 PM

I have played against several of those (before the ban) and remember thinking that they were playing very cookie-cutter. The term "bot" did pass through my mind. I assigned it about 20% probability, but maybe less because Party has those bot-checks that everybody complains about. You have to distinguish bot from multitabling TAG with the timing. They weren't great but they definitely were better than fish.

Midlimits would be ideal for bots of this quality because there are still enough fish around to beat. If they are bots, your timing tell will go away shortly. I don't see what can be done long-term if they are bots, though, so I just try to beat them and count on the sites to make sure that they don't collude. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2006, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course... there is a very successful Bot network working WSEX right now, that was specifically designed to defeat 2+2ers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a joke or are you serious?
Old 11-12-2006, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a joke or are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I was able to confirm this by speaking to some coders at the PBA (Poker Bots Association). They performed an extensive analysis of hands posted in the 2+2 strategy forums, in order to tweak the AI for the Bots.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I was able to confirm this by speaking to some coders at the PBA (Poker Bots Association). They performed an extensive analysis of hands posted in the 2+2 strategy forums, in order to tweak the AI for the Bots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, that would explain some of the goofy play there.

IMO, a 2+2 style ABC approach will get you slaughtered at WPEX.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Honestly, that would explain some of the goofy play there.

IMO, a 2+2 style ABC approach will get you slaughtered at WPEX.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think sniper is joking. I don't think it would take much to program a fairly good bot, but to program them to beat 2+2er's is a bit rediculous (as this would mean wildly bluffing or extremely tight play...or simply expert play that could win many high stakes tables).

I noticed the cashier is now a https page, btw. Have not had to deposit since the ban [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] That's cool with me, only had $10 in there and I just built that up, and down. I don't even know if it is appropriate to go into my less than $100 whoas on a poker forum.

Dealing with bots...the thing that gets me are those funny letters. OCR programs are created SPECIFICALLY to decifer these letters. I worked in the OCR industry for some time (as an accountant).

Why no use a logic test? This would be much harder for a bot to ever pass by itself and would always require the programmers attention.

Example: "Car 1 is red, car 2 is blue. What color is car 1?"

I think that is more diffucult to program (reading and interpreting sentences) but would not take any longer for the normal user than trying to decifer characters.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:48 PM

i am certain there are bots in low limit limit games on ftp too. i know bc my friend is selling it.