Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Could you kill a horse, barehanded?

ROFL at those who think they could
Old 05-01-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How on earth would a human catch the [censored] horse?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my first thought too, but I guess for the sake of this thread I'll assume it's a trained horse who will let you walk up to it. If the horse is tame enough for you to grab it's leg and look at it's hoof, the only question left is if there's people strong enough to crack a horses leg in half with one motion. My guess is that 99.999% of people can't, but there might be some martial arts people who can.

edit: I guess I could "kill" the horse by putting a muzzle on his mouth so he can't drink water for a few days, but I really don't think this counts. There has to be a time limit here, the horse should have to be dead in an hour or something.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Barehanded!? I don't think there is any human who could kill a horse bare handed, unless the horse had been trained by the human and just let the human have its way with it. But even then it would be very difficult. I suppose the best strategy would be to try to break one of the horses legs first. But I don't see how any human would be able to do that without the horse running away first.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is definitely wrong, there are people strong enough to kill a horse. I am probably not one of them, but if I had to try, I'd break one of its legs so it has to be put down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think speed, not strength is going to be the biggest limiting factor. Unless the horse has been trained, it will just run away before the human can approach it. If the human is somehow able to approach the horse without it running away, then he'll have a chance by kicking the horse in the leg really hard, but I don't think it would ever get to that point.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:27 PM

How do you break a horse's leg without any tools? Is the horse sleeping or drunk or something?
Old 05-01-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you break a horse's leg without any tools? Is the horse sleeping or drunk or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a really well placed powerfull kick by someone with some martial art skills could do it. Good luck catching the horse if he's awake though.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:33 PM

A large (and assuming healthy) horse? I don't think an average male could even catch a horse. Even if you backed it into a corner, the horse would kick at you and maybe even bite you. Going after the legs may be a good idea...but you would probably get a swift kick in the face. Even if you got hold of a leg, breaking it while the horse is trying to kick you off would be really difficult....unless the horse somehow trusted you and let you touch it. I think the best bet would be to somehow wrestle the horse to the ground and get the horse in a chokehold, but you'd have to hold on for a rough ride. I don't think I could do it. I think only Mongo could pull this off.

I doubt any person could kill an adult male tiger bare-handed. Rhino is a good pick. What about big sharks?

ScottieK
Old 05-01-2007, 01:33 PM

The people who think they could break a horse's leg without any tools obviously don't know that much about horses. These freaking things can run at fast speeds carrying people, hauling tons of stuff etc. While their legs look all gangly and weak they are much stronger than humans, with much greater pain tolerance and all that jazz. Maybe some extreme martial arts expert would have a chance but the average person wouldn't have a shot.

Swede
Old 05-01-2007, 01:38 PM

Do the math, people.

Horsepower(horse) >>> horsepower(man)

=> horse wins
Old 05-01-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The people who think they could break a horse's leg without any tools obviously don't know that much about horses. These freaking things can run at fast speeds carrying people, hauling tons of stuff etc. While their legs look all gangly and weak they are much stronger than humans, with much greater pain tolerance and all that jazz. Maybe some extreme martial arts expert would have a chance but the average person wouldn't have a shot.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted for mother [censored] truth.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think rhinos should be considered dinosaurs

[/ QUOTE ]
Carl Everett disagrees.