Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Live 5/10 AA hand, Foxwoods

[ QUOTE ]
If you're not comfortable playing aces in this game, you probably shouldn't be in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm, I think that sums it up right there. If this was 2/5 there is a much better chance I would have played this better. Thanks for all the awesome input guys, it gives me a lot to think about. For those of you playing in this 5/10 game what would you think would be a nice safe bankroll? 40k for 20 buy ins? It appeared to me that there were not many players afraid to get chips in so I would think a deeper bankroll is needed like this.

Oh, this was not the same villian as the previous hand, but I know everybody saw my play and could affect how they played against me.

Even though the blinds were only x2 of the 2/5 it really felt like it played 3-4 times bigger. Just looking for some feedback here, and thanks in advance.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:16 PM

I think you're trying too hard, quite frankly, to be deceptive and play up some sort of image in this 5/10 game. If they're regs they can probably see through it pretty easily. In the first hand, "I got lucky with AK" just doesn't wash. AK check/raises that flop? Come on.

2nd hand, what's with the limp/call PF. Then on a drawy flop you asked him what he had left, then just called.. wtf. People pull that move live so they can stick it all IN and make the villain think about whether to risk his whole stack.... not flatcall. A shove on the flop would've been OK even though he flopped a set but I think you really are trying too hard to play the mind game that took your focus away from thinking about the hand itself.

The turn check with intention to call a shove is also not good.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:33 PM

okay. foxwoods is a soft game, dont know about these hard/good 5-10 players you know. most are draw-happy, top pair happy idiots.

As for the hand limp-reraising with 200bbs sucks. But since you did so I like the size since it looks more AKish than AA if his raise was indeed to 35 after limpers.

I prob bet 375 on flop and get it in on the turn, I think you butchered all streets really.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
okay. foxwoods is a soft game, dont know about these hard/good 5-10 players you know. most are draw-happy, top pair happy idiots.

As for the hand limp-reraising with 200bbs sucks. But since you did so I like the size since it looks more AKish than AA if his raise was indeed to 35 after limpers.

I prob bet 375 on flop and get it in on the turn, I think you butchered all streets really.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am very curious why you think a limp reraise is bad here. Seems like a great way to get a lot of money in preflop and not have too many opponents. Stacks are deep and you are OOP so you have to make the reraise really big, but so what?