Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2006, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Muscles

[ QUOTE ]
From talking to many girls about this, I get the feeling that muscles (nice arms, back) are especially appreciated, and the six pack is unnecessary

[/ QUOTE ]

Girls always used to love my 6-pack... (not so subtle brag)

Most important feature is personality/small talk/humor. I think being in general being in shape and active is important both for sex appeal and self confidence, and hitting the gym for your arms/back/abs takes it up a notch.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:05 PM

Girls like defined arms and back moreso than 6pack abs IMO.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:20 PM

My housemate is in the best shape I've ever seen anyone. He's a kendo master and works out daily, only eating organic foods and the whatnot. He gets no ass. He simply cannot talk to girls.

so listen to the advice here, muscles may be nice to girls, but only if they can be assured you're no creep first.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Most important feature is personality/small talk/humor. I think in general being in shape and active is important both for sex appeal and self confidence

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-29-2006, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I go out to bars, I go to chill and to play wing man for one of my friends if need be, since I'm not interested in picking up a girl because I have a great long-term gf. This situation affords me the opportunity to observe a lot and see what works and what hasn't. My observations have told me this:

The muscle bound guys usually suck at picking up girls from what I've seen, but this coincides with a general lack of personality from this same group. I think the physique that proves most effective in picking up girls is that of the skinny but toned and athletic look.

If you're looking for a girl to take home with you at the end of the night, do not waste your time looking for this girl early on in the night. You can meet some girls and put out a good impression, but don't be the guy who sits there for 3 hours working on one girl just to have her scooped away by her friends at the end of the night, and you will likely never see that girl again.

This is based on a 2am bar time that we have here (not sure if its the same elsewhere) but basically it goes like this. The girl you hit on between 9 and 11 will almost never go home with you, the girl you hit on between 11 and 1 will go home with you sometimes, but still not that often, the girl you hit on between 1 and 2 is your best chance, this is your money area.

Finally, do not be the guy who pours shots down a girl's throat to try to get her. Girls know that they can get guys to buy drinks for them that they have zero interest in and they use this to their advantage, plus a buzzed girl is far more preferable to a stupidly drunk girl. A buzzed girl can still make rational decisions, and you should still be able to pick up a rational girl. A stupidly drunk girl plain and simple isn't fun to deal with.

Hopefully that all helped.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha QFT on the "money area". It's like hunting three-legged deer.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:05 PM

Lots of good advice here. absoludicris' advice is good for guys looking for more than 1 night stand, and will still work fine for a 1 nighter.

To summarize the best advice for a 1nighter, IMO:

good/socialable personality + good shape (at least somewhat musclar looking) + knowing how to play the game (picking up a girl at 1:30 not 11:30 and knowing how to get her into bed)
Old 11-29-2006, 09:06 PM

Thanks for the advice.

My problem is the conversational part. I'm inexperienced in the sex zone and I've never had a girlfriend, although I've dated briefly.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the advice.

My problem is the conversational part. I'm inexperienced in the sex zone and I've never had a girlfriend, although I've dated briefly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't like going into in depth conversations about how to socialize with women on an internet message board. It's kind of something I like to keep private...blah blah blah.

But I will give you this little tid bit. One of the most important things to remember when talking to hot women is this. DON'T SEEK APPROVAL. Just don't do it. Don't try to impress them, act arrogant, and demean other guys, etc. It never works. Girls like mysterious men who make them feel sexual anticipation. They don't want some d-bag who tells them their life story, and how he's the CEO of an investment firm and makes 400K/year. Your materialistic gold digger will, but most couldn't give to [censored] about what you do and how much you make.

The majority of women you'll run into really don't care about your $5000 rolex, or your E36 BMW M3.

Just treat them as if they're your sister or best friend. Act confident (not cocky, big difference), and just treat them with warmth, and kindness, like you're allowing them into your world. Make them feel comfortable.

I know this is very hard to do, but you need to get comfortable doing it. Women can sense insecurity in an instant. They know when you're not comfortable. That's a huge turn off.

Hope this helps, good luck.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:15 AM

Thanks.

I'm excellent at interviewing and very articulate, so I'll put it into effect.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:12 PM

King;

If you're thinking about this that hard, then you have a confidence issue. If you're worried about it, women will subconciously pick up on it.