Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is a better vacation place?
Mountains 60 45.11%
Beach 73 54.89%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Re: WORST Player to ever with the WSOP ME

I voted Gold bec he's such a douchebag. How the hell would anyone be able to compare these guys without ever playing with any of them? Except for maybe some of the recent guys. For the record, I'll say that there is NO WAY that Moneymaker is the worst of this crew, though.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:31 PM

um; amarillo slim only beat 8 total peoples to win, so he's clearly the worst; jamie gold beat like a gazillion so he's clearly the best. On the inside of the coin however, Joe Hachem is very goot cuz he won with 7 3. You have to be a very strong player with alot of high statistics to win with 7 3. Tom Mcevoy won with pocket qq's, but even though that's a very good hand, i still think he's pretty good cuz it takes alot of training to conquer the ladies, which is why i think patrick antonius has a 75% shot of winning wsop this year, and jamie gold is very good; the past champion always has at least a 50% shot of winning. Mike Matusow could be a very good player, he has high bluff statistics, but his selfcontrol stat is on full tilt, which is why he hasn't been able to ssummon enough power to win the wsop. I think this is the first year that we're gonna have more than 1 winner, because everyone is so good. Doyle Brunson is like the wise old sage. He's played every hand like a million times, so he knows the exact proper way to play every hand. For example, AQ, is an automuck because it's like an imperfect hand. KQ is a married couple, QQ are the ladies, QJ are a mother and son, QT is a hot lady...all the way down to Q2, which is an ugly lady. But when you have AQ, how can you tell whether she's a 1 or an 11 unless your drunk? (in that case, the heineken uncertainty principle reduces as the event horizon of HP merges with the incoming matter). That confusion in the nohmencalature is what makes this hand an automuck. I went on a trip earlier this year to the wsop, and I learned all about how to play every single hand. private message me for coaching...and i will help your % of showdowns won increase by 15% in 15 quick minutes.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:47 PM

I've seen most of these guys play (at least those who are alive). Whether people want to admit it or not, Jamie is definitely not the worst ME champ. It's gotta go to Robert Varkonyi.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
um; amarillo slim only beat 8 total peoples to win, so he's clearly the worst; jamie gold beat like a gazillion so he's clearly the best. On the inside of the coin however, Joe Hachem is very goot cuz he won with 7 3. You have to be a very strong player with alot of high statistics to win with 7 3. Tom Mcevoy won with pocket qq's, but even though that's a very good hand, i still think he's pretty good cuz it takes alot of training to conquer the ladies, which is why i think patrick antonius has a 75% shot of winning wsop this year, and jamie gold is very good; the past champion always has at least a 50% shot of winning. Mike Matusow could be a very good player, he has high bluff statistics, but his selfcontrol stat is on full tilt, which is why he hasn't been able to ssummon enough power to win the wsop. I think this is the first year that we're gonna have more than 1 winner, because everyone is so good. Doyle Brunson is like the wise old sage. He's played every hand like a million times, so he knows the exact proper way to play every hand. For example, AQ, is an automuck because it's like an imperfect hand. KQ is a married couple, QQ are the ladies, QJ are a mother and son, QT is a hot lady...all the way down to Q2, which is an ugly lady. But when you have AQ, how can you tell whether she's a 1 or an 11 unless your drunk? (in that case, the heineken uncertainty principle reduces as the event horizon of HP merges with the incoming matter). That confusion in the nohmencalature is what makes this hand an automuck. I went on a trip earlier this year to the wsop, and I learned all about how to play every single hand. private message me for coaching...and i will help your % of showdowns won increase by 15% in 15 quick minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank god, i thought you were serious for the first couple sentences

A+
Old 07-04-2007, 12:58 PM

It's Fowler by a ridiculous margin. Anyone who answers otherwise is just uninformed.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's Fowler by a ridiculous margin. Anyone who answers otherwise is just uninformed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I chose him because of the Sklansky example which indicated how much he sucked.Do you know of any other Fowler hands?
Old 07-04-2007, 01:02 PM

The worst ever is probably Ungar. I saw his name on the list and he's dead. Today, I would be willing to bet I could beat him. ROFL talk about dead money.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played with both Gold and Varkonyi. I thought Varkonyi was worse, but I only played about 8 hours with each one. Varkonyi is such a dorky guy that it's hard to make unbiased judgments about his poker play. He seems like a much worse player than he actually is, imo. He played boring, uninspired poker when I played with him. Didn't make any major mistakes. Flopped four jacks, got paid off, broke about even for the session.

Gold's play was the exact opposite, fancy plays, outrageous bluffs, etc... unfortunately, I couldn't make a hand when I played against him. He broke about even, at least that's what he claimed when he got up.

As far as Fowler, I have a hard time taking the above quote seriously. You actually played with this guy? Didn't he quit poker after winning the title in 1979? Maybe Sklansky played with him, but who else around here has been playing poker that long?
Old 07-04-2007, 01:45 PM

I voted for that black shadow who won the 2007 ME, his picture is in the amazon room but it doesn't say his name.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is the first year that we're gonna have more than 1 winner, because everyone is so good.

[/ QUOTE ]
True that.
Closed Thread