Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 09:08 AM

Default Re: Party & Empire clients eating lots of CPU

I can play 10. if i add one table to that PP will crash with in 30 mins. with 10 its fine.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:30 AM

I find it is better if I play normal size tables, as soon as I try to resize them, it gets slow fast.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:51 AM

I've found I can play 12 tables for about an hour, then I play 11 for another hour, then I play 10 for about 1 more hour and by then everything is chugging badly so I slowly finish off my session. I have continuously played 12 tables for 4-5 hours before and never used to have this problem (perhaps my eyes and wrist are better off for being forced to stop lol).

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2007, 09:16 PM

LOL @ the doom switch avatar [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
That's all.

And yes, party client has been CPU hog lately.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ the doom switch avatar [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
That's all.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's been turned off now! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
And yes, party client has been CPU hog lately.

[/ QUOTE ]
Today it seemed OK to me - I manged to play 12 tables most of the time without too much lag (or perhaps I'm just saying that for fear the [censored] doomswitch goes back on to punish me for complaining about Party! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).

Old 04-02-2007, 12:10 PM

I thought I had it worked out yesterday as my Party had started running really nicely again and I assumed it was because I had restarted my PC earlier (I rarely do a restart, so thought maybe something had messed up...).

Sadly it does seem to make a difference (in the wrong way), as now after my second restart Party is chugging horribly again - even when you first start up with just 9 tables... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I wish I knew what was causing this, but it does seem to have the added advantage that lots of the multitabling Russians aren't playing because of it and 9 tables without them is prolly > 12 tables with...

Old 04-02-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought I had it worked out yesterday as my Party had started running really nicely again and I assumed it was because I had restarted my PC earlier (I rarely do a restart, so thought maybe something had messed up...).

Sadly it does seem to make a difference (in the wrong way), as now after my second restart Party is chugging horribly again - even when you first start up with just 9 tables... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I wish I knew what was causing this, but it does seem to have the added advantage that lots of the multitabling Russians aren't playing because of it and 9 tables without them is prolly > 12 tables with...

[/ QUOTE ]

For real? If I see Russian Federation under someones name, I buddylist them for that reason only.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For real? If I see Russian Federation under someones name, I buddylist them for that reason only.

[/ QUOTE ]
In the SNGs they are all pushbots and pretty hard to exploit. About all that you can do is to try sitting to their right and then pushing into/past them alot, but eventually they catch on and start calling more. The Vietnamese SNG players on the other hand, seemed to just play a totally static strategy and were either bots or else they must have just been following some kind of chart - I think many players found ways to exploit their static strategy and they became unprofitable (or maybe Party banned them?).

I also have a feeling that 90% of all the Russian play from the same location and possibly study together, as I very rarely see 2 Russians at the same table, but I often end up with a Russian pushbot on every table I'm playing at.

I also find that late at night (GMT) the Brazilians start to play and I'd say about 90% of them are decent players too and mix some of them with a couple of tight Germans and a Russian pushbot and sadly the profitability of the SNG goes way down...

Old 04-02-2007, 02:55 PM

Maybe party doesn't want 12 tabling winning players, because this will take money out of the game faster, therefore they create their client to use up a lot of CPU. Party is clever enough to do this.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tight Germans

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, we ain't much fun [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]