Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 08:32 AM

Default Re: AK 3bet - standard fold?

I dont see anything wrong with the cbet, but what is a decent Villian raising on this flop against a preflop 3-better?
Normal 3bet range is TT+ AQ+, most of these hands hit on the flop, JJ or TT could be cbetting, but again why would villian raise.
So villian knows you have probably hit on this flop or will instafold JJ TT against a raise, so he must be beating a lot of you range to be raising here. Nothing wrong with folding here.

@1tripz1: the flop can be the cards u were hoping for, the action can be different than you were hoping for.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:35 AM

Not for a hundred BB. If a good reg notice you folded AK once in this spot, your life is going to be hell on this table.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:39 AM

Edit ^^^^ Don't open fold obv. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Triggerle, should hero have bet pot on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know it was just a hunch I had. I think if we bet pot we reduce the possibility of a bluff (strangely, people for some reason find the need to bluff a lot in 3bet pots).

I actually think it's best to check/call and hope my call makes him afraid to bet the turn. I then happyly value bet the river.

This is extremely dependend on your personal style, though. I know players who would felt this without much thought but they go to the felt all the time so their opponents will look them up with marginal hands.

[ QUOTE ]
How aggressive villain is playing is also important for this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
Solid reads > all in almost all situations.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:56 AM

At these limits I think most of the time with a set a typical TAG in position would smooth call the flop raise and hope you bet again on the turn so he can raise you then.

My guess is he has either two pair - K's and Q's or AK, so the best you can hope for is a split pot unless you hit one of your three A outs and he does have K Q. I don't think it is a bad hand to fold but it is very player dependent, and not a fold you would want to make against an aggressive player who is not afraid to bluff.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:10 AM

I dont think I have ever 3bet preflop and then folded when I caught tptk on the flop. At this point, I want the money in, if he caught a set, or luckboxed a better 2 pair Im going broke 99% of the time.

Now, if I think that I am ahead of very few hands and a split is very likely, I will crai. This may get him to fold his AK as well as induce a bluff from all the worse PPs that called my 3bet.

If he doesn't bet I lead turn and reevalute.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:16 AM

I think we're giving BTN too much credit here, KQ is the only wb hand
Old 08-24-2007, 09:18 AM

meh can someone give me a hand that BTN does this with that we are better then splitting with?
Im not saying this is good/bad fold but standard TAG isnt bluffing here IMO.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:33 AM

I think it's actually close.

To the people saying "WTF? call/push!", if you get it all-in at this point, what percentage of the time do you think you win the showdown? I think it's 35-40%. That means calling is better than folding and just accepting the $8.50 loss, but only by a dollar or so.

If the opponent is passive enough that KQ and sets are a big part of his range, well, obviously it's a fold.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:48 AM

Am I the only one who has a problem with the preflop 3bet size? I think you're welcoming way too much action. As for flop if you're not getting it all-in on this flop you shouldn't have cbet the flop.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:55 AM

Pot is $1.35 to which we've contributed .10, a call would bump the pot to 2.25, so a PSB would be 3.25, making pot 4.50 and giving raiser 2:1...

I was thinking that the reraise was just right. Do you have a reason to offer the 4x opener less than 2:1? Is it because we're OOP the rest of the hand?