Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: This is a good idea and I smoke weed
Agree 15 46.88%
Disagree 17 53.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2007, 05:14 PM

Default Re: KG traded to Celtics for Jefferson/othercrap

You like playing basketball, and weren't good enough and/or were too injured to play division 1, and this shows how sorry the NBA is? Cool.

You personally may enjoy watching it less, but the NBA is hardly "sorry." Show me international icons from baseball like LeBron or Yao.

Isn't Gagne not even a starter anymore??
Old 07-31-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't Gagne not even a starter anymore??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he'd be a setup guy for the Sox, I think.

My friends pulled this, too. We're emailing about KG and they suddenly start talking about Gagne. Is it possible for me to love the Celtics but hate Boston sports fans?

-McGee
Old 07-31-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Red Sox got Gagne today! Focus on the important stuff people! (Just shows how sorry the NBA is in my opinion. This is coming from someone who slept/drank/ate BBall all his life and likely the only poster in this thread to play D1 BBall (however, very briefly as a walk on, ACL)).

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't Assani play D1?

Also, the NBA may have a few major problems at the moment, but MLB has been a joke for years IMO.

But, carry on posting relevant baseball information and dissing the NBA and NBA fans in an NBA thread.

Edited to add: Didn't mean to come off this harsh. You're a great poster Joe, but this was not one of your finer efforts.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Red Sox got Gagne today! Focus on the important stuff people! (Just shows how sorry the NBA is in my opinion. This is coming from someone who slept/drank/ate BBall all his life and likely the only poster in this thread to play D1 BBall (however, very briefly as a walk on, ACL)).

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't Assani play D1?

Also, the NBA may have a few major problems at the moment, but MLB has been a joke for years IMO.

But, carry on posting relevant baseball information and dissing the NBA and NBA fans in an NBA thread.

Edited to add: Didn't mean to come off this harsh. You're a great poster Joe, but this was not one of your finer efforts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, the NBA is not fun to watch anymore. The BBall isn't bball its some device to end up on SportCenter selling sneakers and soda, block shots in the 3rd row (instead of starting fast breaks) and taunting your opponent after a slam dunk even though you are down 13 points as the other team fast breaks on you.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't Assani play D1?

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, the NBA is not fun to watch anymore. The BBall isn't bball its some device to end up on SportCenter selling sneakers and soda, block shots in the 3rd row (instead of starting fast breaks) and taunting your opponent after a slam dunk even though you are down 13 points as the other team fast breaks on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

GOod points all around.

Also....they don't play defense in the NBA.

Aaaand all the players are criminals.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

blah blah chow meow

Hey, you know what I like about baseball? Yankees/Red Sox coverage! OMG the two teams that spend 679% more than anyone else are at it again! Wow, I mean I live 3,000 miles away and I don't care a lick about either team, but I am riveted by the latest news about A-Rod's wife's T-shirt and Julio Lugo's crotch grabbing.