Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Starbury\'s

Wow, $10 for a "varsity jacket". Check out "The Goods" on his site. Some of that pricing is ridiculous.

http://www.starbury.com/
Old 10-13-2006, 04:29 PM

I actually like the idea, that someone as self-abosrbed as Stephon Marbury would market a line that retails very inexpensively, so that prro kids can own gear that the stars wear, w/o bankrupting themselves/their parents.

Lets see if it takes off, or dies on the vine though.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:35 PM

If they are remotely comfortable, I'm down with $10 shoes.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:37 PM

who needs 100 dollar kicks, i'm white and im cheap, hit it up!
Old 10-13-2006, 04:38 PM

I think its genius, hes still going to be profiting off the shoes/clothes, and his name will be everywhere if it actualyl catches on, but, I heard about this line of clothing about 6 months ago, so it hasnt so far.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think here lies the problem. Poor, inner city kids will buy these, but who else?

Do you really want to go to your middle class school wearing some $15 kicks, even if they are Starbury's?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd get them, but then again I'm not in high school. So I see what you're saying here. I believe I saw some consumer report type thing somewhere that looked at the shoes and said the quality is pretty comparable to the Nike's and Reebok's of the world (forget where though or else I'd give the source).

Good for him for doing this, I just hope he doesn't have any foot/ankle problems wearing them this year though.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its genius, hes still going to be profiting off the shoes/clothes, and his name will be everywhere if it actualyl catches on, but, I heard about this line of clothing about 6 months ago, so it hasnt so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, the shoes are pretty much completely sold out everywhere and I believe they're pushing close to 1/2 a million now. I'd say it caught on.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, the shoes are pretty much completely sold out everywhere and I believe they're pushing close to 1/2 a million now. I'd say it caught on.

[/ QUOTE ]

REally, I dont really follow that stuff, but I havent hear anythong in the media, but Im not a sportsfan
Old 10-13-2006, 04:51 PM

Also important to note, that Steph's not getting any licensing money for his name. All of his profit off this idea revolves around the sales.

I think that NT's version of the events is closest to how everything will start. No kid wants to be the first person in $15 kicks (right Tron?)

However, supposedly Marbury's gonna wear these shoes all season long, so maybe that'll help them catch on. If they were carried at a store near me, or available for purchase online I'd have a pair right now. I need new shoes.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:54 PM

I could be wrong, but I believe I watched a news story that said the Starbury line is exclusive to Steve & Barry's. I don't know how popular the store is in other areas but I think we have like 2 here in Pittsburgh.