Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2007, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Pre-Registering for the WSOP $1500 events?

[ QUOTE ]
Event #3 is currently scheduled to air on ESPN on July 17 at 8-9pm ET.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a complete televised schedule posted somewhere?
Old 04-10-2007, 05:56 PM

Anyone have any experience with the 1500 Limit-Holdem Event? It has alot less entrants and its my main game.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Expect over 3000 "runners" for Event #3 when all the alternates are seated.

Event #3 is currently scheduled to air on ESPN on July 17 at 8-9pm ET.

[/ QUOTE ]
If that's the case then I'm just gonna pre-register...if for no other reason than to avoid any lines.

FWIW, the room rate @ Rio for WSOP event runners is $140 weekdays and $240 weekends.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:58 PM

i visited the wsop website, and can't seem to find the info on preregistering. can someone help a brutha out?

brag: i'm a degen, so they gave me 4 nights at the rio for $160 total (pre-tax).
Old 04-11-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i visited the wsop website, and can't seem to find the info on preregistering. can someone help a brutha out?

brag: i'm a degen, so they gave me 4 nights at the rio for $160 total (pre-tax).

[/ QUOTE ]

They have a monster banner on the right side of the main page that leads here. That has a link to guide you through the process.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They have a monster banner on the right side of the main page that leads here. That has a link to guide you through the process.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha...thanks.

i guess i've trained myself well to avoid all the annoying side-banner stuff on all websites.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have any experience with the 1500 Limit-Holdem Event? It has alot less entrants and its my main game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played in the first 1500 Limit HE Event at last year's WSOP, which I believe was Event 6.

I dropped into the Rio at around lunchtime on the day before the event, and found only one person in front of me at the registration line, Phil Ivey! (Who had lost his receipt for the Omaha Event that day, and had to call his wife to search for it!)

Anyway, registration was a breeze, and the event drew just under 800 runners. I survived about 7 hours and busted in about 180th place.

I had a complete blast, and I will be back for more this year. I am planning to play Event 40, $1500 Mixed Holdem which starts the same day as the $50k HORSE Event.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:33 PM

What is the the protocol for wsop on the case where you have signed up for the next day's event, but you are still playing from the previous day's tourney, easily able to get refund before that days tourney starts? I'll be playing the $5k mixed holdem on June 1st, so an outside chance I'll be playing in that event the next day still when the $1500 starts.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:50 PM

Last year I was one of the ones who could not get into the 1st $1500 event because it was sold out. It was a horrible feeling getting to the cashier at 8am and being told "sorry." I would recommend to pre-register.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am pre-registered for event #3, the first 1500 nl event.

it was a sometimes frustrating 3 week process, as i had to continually call to see if they received my check. they do not send a confirmation when they receive it. but, all in all, it is nice to not have to worry about the lines for what will probably be the event with the most runners, save the main event.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am trying to preregister for a few events, but nowhere on the website does it say who to make the cashier's check out to. Who did you make the payee?