Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2007, 01:36 PM

Default Re: What does villain have? $55+R+A

Push pf and expect to be called as a 4-1 fav. As played, very easy flop fold, but I prefer to check and see what happens, probably calling unless a ep player bets or there's other action.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Push pf and expect to be called as a 4-1 fav. As played, very easy flop fold, but I prefer to check and see what happens, probably calling unless a ep player bets or there's other action.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you push 150 BBs, are you really getting called by a worse hand in the 55+R+A? I've never played it. Sounds fun.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you push 150 BBs, are you really getting called by a worse hand in the 55+R+A? I've never played it. Sounds fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt you're getting called by much pushing this PF in this tournament, if it's a normal $22+R or something I would consider it.

If anyone's actually wondering, I tanked, and eventually called. Villain showed me AQ yuck. I posted as this is one of those rare times I actually called a massive overbet and was wrong on my read. I still don't see why he was pushing AQ, though.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:21 PM

Fold. If he happens to have exactly 45, good for him; you're not beating anything else.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt you're getting called by much pushing this PF in this tournament, if it's a normal $22+R or something I would consider it.

If anyone's actually wondering, I tanked, and eventually called. Villain showed me AQ yuck. I posted as this is one of those rare times I actually called a massive overbet and was wrong on my read. I still don't see why he was pushing AQ, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

What did you put him on when you decided to call? AQ makes a lot more sense to me than anything you beat.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:01 PM

Honestly I just wasn't sure and the way he played his earlier hand with 2 overs made me think he either had something like AK or a lower PP than mine.

At the time I knew it was probably going to be a bad call, but as I said he pushed over a bet earlier in the tournament with 2 overs (drawing to a gut shot I guess in that one) and he played his other previous top pair incredibly weak (for good reason with a 5 kicker I suppose).

It was a bad call, I confess.... Although there have been times that I've called massive over-bets like this and the Villain has absolute junk, so I guess you win some and you lose some.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:50 PM

Is this post a joke?

Seriously, is it?
Old 03-06-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this post a joke?

Seriously, is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, it really isn't. I'm a tard sometimes, and thought I might be making a nice call [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this post a joke?

Seriously, is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, it really isn't. I'm a tard sometimes, and thought I might be making a nice call [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

With three people to act after his all-in, the only hand you beat is 4x5x, which I feel is unlikely for him here.

This is not the time to make some hero call with 2nd pair.