Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Tony LaRussa Falls Asleep @ the Wheel...Arrested for DUI

wasn't it at 4am? i can imagine after hours worth of meetings to trim the roster/set rotation/whatever, maybe with a couple beers w/ the staff, he'd be exhausted. i realize its no excuse, and he's most likely smart enough to have saved enough money for a cab, but he's gotta be running on fumes at this point
Old 03-23-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
More important than him being a lightweight is the fact that he is so obliterated that he is unresponsive to two cycle's of light changes (true but not in the OP's particular report) and passed out in a running vehicle in drive at a red/green light but still able to apply enough pressure on the brake to keep the car stopped. wtf? This guy is like a jedi or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

There has to be more to this story. A .09 is like 2 beers so he wasn't really drunk. He had to have been on some medication or even just so dog tired he fell asleep. The whole thing is pretty weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

More like 5 beers in an hour. He was drunk, but it shouldn't have been bad enough to make him fall asleep.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pig must have been a Cubs fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome back P. Dirty!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] P. Dirty
Old 03-23-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
More like 5 beers in an hour. He was drunk, but it shouldn't have been bad enough to make him fall asleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, this is right. I really don't know how you can be pass out drunk off 5 beers even if it is in a hour. Most chicks wouldn't even pass out, they may hit twelve mailboxes, 3 dogs, 4 children and end in a tree wraparound but night night at a light? lol.

Also, if he was on medication or had a cold and was taking some cold medicine whatever, I am sure this would have come out to explain why he was comatose after a few cosmos, no?
Old 03-23-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, this is right. I really don't know how you can be pass out drunk off 5 beers even if it is in a hour. Most chicks wouldn't even pass out, they may hit twelve mailboxes, 3 dogs, 4 children and end in a tree wraparound but night night at a light? lol.

Also, if he was on medication or had a cold and was taking some cold medicine whatever, I am sure this would have come out to explain why he was comatose after a few cosmos, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

i have a feeling he got hammered earlier in the night and so his bac got a chance to drop but he was probably already out of it by then. personally ive only passed out after having stopped drinking for a while than while i was stil goin at it.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:33 PM

jalapenoguy,

But were you able to keep your foot on the gas? Master that party trick and get back to us!