Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2006, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Is never turning on the chat a disadvantage ?

I usually leave in on to see who's tilting. Also I've found (in general, BUT NOT always) that the majority of the players that use the chatbox are fish. Rarely, do i see TAG's using the chat box. This helps if your playing at a site you can't datamine and haven't got alot of hands into PT/PA yet.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you tilt easily, definitely keep it off.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-29-2006, 05:10 PM

I used to play with it on because I wanted to see who was on tilt. The trouble was that sometimes the chat made me want to start tilting.

Since I turned it off, my winrate has gone up. It could still be no more than positive variance at this point, but I think I'm more likely to gain more from having it off than by having it on.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:22 PM

i always turn it off. i only turn it on when i suck out on someone and type "lol" and then turn it back off.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:40 PM

I like the chat dialog boxes so much that it feels like I'm playing blind if I don't have it on in a way. I also like to chat to some players to see how they respond to what I say. I never try to tilt anyone, just like to see how they react so I can get a itty bitty gage on my opponents. Besides, I don't mind telling the occasional joke 3 or 4 tabling.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also I've found (in general, BUT NOT always) that the majority of the players that use the chatbox are fish. Rarely, do i see TAG's using the chat box. This helps if your playing at a site you can't datamine and haven't got alot of hands into PT/PA yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually very true. Tables with tons of friendly chat are invariably +EV from my experience. Also, especially on weekends, it is very easy to find the drunk people because they TYPE ALL IN CAPS and flood the chat box. Also +EV. However, if the chatbox can cause you to tilt and make bad decisions then these benefits may be negated.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:05 AM

I like to chat it up in there alittle bit. Sometimes people will talk about the books their reading or who they admire as a player. It doesn't always help, but even a little bit of info is always useful. Often times I like to defend the suckout artist after a table coach starts riping into them, because I want to keep those guys at my table happy and gambling, and often it works. Although if it turns into some sort of dating chat room I'll just ignore it.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i always turn it off. i only turn it on when i suck out on someone and type "lol" and then turn it back off.

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't need to turn chat on to be able to chat. You just can't read any of it.

I love chatting on the tables. I usually go out of my way to make the table up beat and chatty. I think it helps to loosen up people and keep me off tilt as well. The problem is that when I 9 and 10 table I still like to chat. I can do this well but it does cause me to time out more.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm a tilter - the combination of turning off the chat and emailing party to remove MY chat has helped me a great deal. i can type all the [censored] talk i want - no one sees it, and i never have to get needled when some fish caps 2 streets with a gut draw, rivers it, and types ty

[/ QUOTE ]

You should probably get your chat back and just have it off. I'm sure the fact that you can be an ass and no one can really say anything back to you might be even more helpful then what you are doing now.