Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Learning Omaha is brutal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Unless the villain is a nit I push because he's in the perfect spot to raise pretty wide.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-23-2007, 06:21 PM

Advice in this thread is terrible.
Check call flop when someone else calls.
Otherwise usually call, but fold if u can put him on the straight most everytime he bets (A Nit).
Old 04-23-2007, 06:42 PM

Push and take a shot of whiskey. GL with the hand, this is one of those situations you have the right odds for.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Otherwise usually call, but fold if u can put him on the straight most everytime he bets (A Nit).

[/ QUOTE ]

Terrible advice, you have 35% equity 3 ways against the nuts. Folding top set here is criminal. Never fold a 3 way shove on this flop.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:55 PM

Check-calling the flop and folding the turn without improving to a boat is the most -EV way you could possibly every play this hand.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I disagree with everything you have said here. Check/calling this flop is so insanely weak. If the board pairs and you all of the sudden decide to shove your stack in, is 86xx or a NFD EVER calling? No, of course not, which is why you have to push your edge when you are getting pot equity to do it. Saying to check/call this flop or fold if you have some amazing intuition that you are against the nut straight is a hold 'em player's way to play this hand. Why let your opponents have the opportunity to fold when you've got them destroyed? That gets the absolute minimum amount of profit out of your hand. Shove your stack in all day.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I disagree with everything you have said here. Check/calling this flop is so insanely weak. If the board pairs and you all of the sudden decide to shove your stack in, is 86xx or a NFD EVER calling? No, of course not, which is why you have to push your edge when you are getting pot equity to do it. Saying to check/call this flop or fold if you have some amazing intuition that you are against the nut straight is a hold 'em player's way to play this hand. Why let your opponents have the opportunity to fold when you've got them destroyed? That gets the absolute minimum amount of profit out of your hand. Shove your stack in all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's perfectly possible that one person is bluffing with a flush draw and the second is value calling with 3 pair or a lower set, or a straight wrap.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if one person has 86xx and the other guy has a flush draw, the worst believable spot I could come up with gives you like 33% equity

[/ QUOTE ]

i figured if you are up against middle set and a straight, with 1 flush draw out there you have 26%, im still not sure either way, but there isnt a bad way to play this hand imo (other than folding the turn!)
Old 04-23-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

next time post a graph of your most recent 50K hands b/f you spit weak-tight advice like this, it will be more comical...notice how he doesn't even provide logic 4 his decision to c/c, lol @ trying to sabotage some1 learning the game.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:23 AM

Rempel, I am def not advocating calling flop and folding turn. Call turn. Fold river if you don't improve.
As played def call on flop. Pushing has merit too (if you think both will come along for the ride).
Def do not fold given that you have two people along for the ride.
However, betting flop, you will rarely get action from a much worse hand. Even gutshot and NFD is doing well and open ended plus NFD is ahead a bit, esp given that you might get bluffed off your hand.
Now, if you call and a higher straight or flush comes, you may be able to take the pot as that is the kind of hand that you would check call with say NFD plus overpair.
Now given that there are two to the turn, I would not ever rep another hand.
Also, by keeping the pot small you are getting huge implied odds for when someone makes a flush and you boat up or makes a weaker boat. Even if some of your outs are dead, you have so much money behind when checking that occasionally getting paid by a lower boat say from two pair in a rundown that also has the straight or a draw, will give a nice profit.

Summary: don't fold. Checking should make more money with less swings. Also, when you get action from two people like this, it very often is the nut straight.

Can I ask for results please?